Switching from a Windows Phone to a Bold 9900

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Switching from a Windows Phone to a Bold 9900

Hello everyone!

I am seriously considering switching from using my windows phone to a blackberry 9900 because I like the security that is offered through the RIM network on the legacy Blackberrys.  My question, what about my Windows Phone plan will have to be altered if I switch to a Blackberry so I can access things like data, BBM, and social networking? Also, the phone I will be getting will most likely be unlocked. How do I get it to work with my Rogers SIM card?

Please only serious answers, and no "Simple- Get a Blackberry 10 phone" as I want the security of the pre-Blackberry 10 phones.

***Edited Labels.***

Retired Moderator RogersYves
Retired Moderator

Re: Switching from a Windows Phone to a Bold 9900

Can a Member of the Commuinity please assist with a solution to the question?

Thank you,

RogersYves

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Switching from a Windows Phone to a Bold 9900

The BlackBerry Bold 9900 uses a specific type of data plan called BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). You'll need to switch to this type of plan to fully enjoy your BlackBerry. Without it, all you'll be able to do is talk and text.

If your Bold 9900 is unlocked, it should work without problem on the Rogers network provided the actual phone you get uses the same radio frequencies used by Rogers. You shouldn't encounter any problems but you won't know until you slap a Rogers SIM in it and try.

As for "I want the security of the pre-BlackBerry 10 phones", who told you that BB10 phones are not secure? The only real difference between them and the older legacy devices (such as the Bold 9900) is the lack of data compression. Otherwise, they're comparable.

Once you get your new phone, visit www.deviceswitch.com from your old phone's browser and your new phone's to get everything switched over effortlessly.

Let us know if that helps you.  🙂

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation