Suretap doesn't work on Q10?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Suretap doesn't work on Q10?

I'm trying to set up Suretap on my BB Q10, I just picked up the required SIM today. After I go through the whole registration process, when it hits the loading screen for "contacting servers", I get an error saying "Device profile is missing".

How do I fix this? When I updated my phone the other day, this app automatically appeared. I don't understand why I am unable to use it. I've tried resetting my phone and uninstalling/reinsalling the app.

Any help would be appreciated.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAmanda
Retired Moderator

Re: Suretap doesn't work on Q10?

Hi vmorr!

This may be caused by a missing or invalid BlackBerry profile. This should be configured and registred with suretap Wallet. If this hasn't been done yet, please contact BlackBerry support directly. If needed, please reach out to us on  TwitterIcon.png @RogersHelps or FacebookIcon.pngFacebook.com/RogersOur team will be happy to assist you in troubleshooting. 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

Not sure I follow... What exactly is a "BlackBerry profile"?

Retired Moderator RogersAmanda
Retired Moderator

Hey 

If you contact BlackBerry directly and explain the issue they will be able to correct your BlackBerry profile so you’ll be able register your suretap Wallet. Explain to BlackBerry that it may be the 10001 error. his is typically caused by a missing or invalid BlackBerry Internet Service Browsing service book, which causes the request to be sent over a different transport route. 

Please let us know if this works for you!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi vmorr, please insure you have a nfc enabled sim card.

I've Been Around

the blackberry 10 os does not use BIS or service books, so contacting them for something that is non existent is useless... 

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I still haven't been able to resolve this issue...

My phone is completly stock with the lates OTA update from Rogers.

And again, I have the required  secure SIM.

Retired Moderator RogersAntonio
Retired Moderator

Hi Vmorr!

The new OS 10 devices no longer needs service books.  If you are still having issues with the suretap service we have a dedicated department for support referred to as the suretap support team.  They can be reached at http://rogers.com/suretap.

Hope this helps.