Rogers site not working. Can't top up my minutes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers site not working. Can't top up my minutes

There is no community topic related to problems on the rogers web site so i'll put my question in here as its related to my rogers wireless pay as you go phone. I've tried numerous times over the last week to 'top up' my phone with my credit card over the web. However after I submit it just blanks out some fields and says fix the errors. However, there was no errors with my info. 

I also tried today to top up my minutes over the phone by calling the number 1-800-575-9090. I got past the first few questions but then the call just drops when it asks me to enter my cell phone #. I tried a few times and each time the call drops at the same spot. 

This problem really sucks because I had money on my phone and now its lost as the system is preventing me from toping up on time.

Any thoughts of what to do here?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers site not working. Can't top up my minutes

Hi rfblanchard and welcome to the forums,

Have you tried removing and re-inserting your battery then calling in?

If it keeps disconnecting you may need to contact us from another device until we get you topped up. You can also go into any Rogers store. You can also try dialing 611 from your device.

In regards to Rogers.com, if you call 1 888 ROGERS1, ask for our E-care. They deal with all Rogers.com issues and will be able to fix this for you.

1-800-575-9090 is the direct number for pay as you go

1-866-931-3282 is the direct number for wireless customer care/tech support

I'm Here A Lot

I have had many problems with the Rogers Pay-As-You go website. Almost everytime I log in to view my calling history, top-up my minutes, or change my options, I get a message saying that the system is experiencing difficulties due to unusually high demand (or something to that effect). I usually wait a while and try again with the same response. Wait a day ... same thing, etc. etc.

I think the people who make the website are more concerned with flash and bells and whistles than with content and making it work properly. And it's not my connection. I have hi-speed cable connection from Cogeco. Download: 11672 Kbps Upload: 422 Kbps (just ran a test).

I have sent a few emails complaining about the lack of availability, but they usually deny any problems and give me a list of useless questions to answer. You know the type - what exactly were you doing, have you checked your modem, what other programs were running, etc. Because it can't be their website... oh no .... it's really cool .... doesn't work, but very cool looking ... or not ...

Bottom line - terrible website. If you want anything changed on your pay-as-you go phone, call the customer care number and hit 0 repeatedly to get past the automated nuisance and reach a real person.

I've Been Around

yea man i'm with you on this one.....

**bleep** rogers can't even fix their web site for pay-as-you-go users...

spent the whole week ( monday to sunday) trying to put text msg add ons to my phone and it ALWAYSSSSSSS GIVES ME A **bleep** ERROR..........
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm experiencing the same problem. I cannot change my add-ons through the Rogers Pay-as-you-go webpage. I just either get a webpage that is completely whack (the flash/css on the page ceases to function) or I get an error message saying that they're having technical difficulties.

I'd rather have a site that functions rather than a flashy site...

I've Been Here Awhile

Forgot to mention I get error messages when I call the *611 number. -__-
I've Been Here Awhile

Moderator............READ THE HEADING....the site isnt working to allow topping up!!...hasnt worked for 2 months now.  Taking the battery out of his phone isnt going to fix the website....duhhhhhh!!!

Rogers dosnt care about pay as you go....I have come to that conclusion.  I have to walk to the store to buy a voucher and pay an extra percentage on tax.  

Does anyone know Telus's phone number??

I've Been Here Awhile

do you really think removing the battery from my phone will fix your website?....I'll try it.....NOT
Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Hi rickoh and welcome to the forums,

The tip to remove and re-insert the battery is to address the OP's dropped calls when contacting us. Removing the battery from your cellular device will not fix a problem on the Rogers.com website.

If you are having issues with the Rogers.com website you can reach our support at http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/livechatsupport?source=7

I've Been Around

I tried to enter my voucher PIN# and I always get the error message. I tried to call the pay as you go # they are not working on the weekend, tried the live chat but they're only taking hardware issues and told me call the pay as you go #....so what should I do, I am trying to topup with a $100 card with 2 days now.....:-(