Rogers not carrying Windows 10 Devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers not carrying Windows 10 Devices

MS are not interested in competing with android or ios anymore, these devices were released as a stop gap just for people that want a high spec'd windows device. So everyone needs to change their mindset about W10M because its not being made for the masses, its being made for people that want to use them and compliment what they have already.
I Plan to Stick Around

and of course MS doesn't want to be put in a position where they have to make 50 variants of the same phone just to please a North American carrier, the sooner North America switch to how things are done everywhere else in the world the better, North American carriers have to much say in how we use and what kind of device we get to use.
I Plan to Stick Around

People just need to see that a windows phone is a viable option over android and apple. I get my 950xl friday
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Windows is definitely a viable option. However went to Android because I can't afford $850 after tax for phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was hoping to get more use out of my Lumia 920, but it finally gave up the ghost last Thursday (the crack spread) and I was forced to get a LG G4. I don't like Android, but the price was right ($0 down). Like others on this board, I'd love a Lumia 950 XL, but without carrier support and a monthly payment plan it basically doesn't exist to me.

@grapemanca

My Lumia 920 is still running, but very slowly after the last update.

I got the Nexus 6P with Marshmallow and I've got to say that I'm impressed. I'm sure using stock Android helps with that and not having to deal with extra OEM garbage on the device. I miss windows phone, but the 6P was available on subsidy to me for $100 almost a month ago. I'm going to save my money over the next two years and see where windows phone is at that point or even still in existance. Happy for everyone who was able to get a 950 or 950XL!

LG G4 got good reviews and you can't go wrong with $0 down.

I'm in the same situation. Was really hoping for a carrier subsidy to be able to afford it. I know better now though. going to save money for my next phone so I can take it anywhere if I'm not happy with my current provider after 2 years.

Good luck with the G4!

I'm Here A Lot

Have you try Windows10Mobile running on the 920, I am running that, which is great, and the official releasing of w10m is coming this month. Hopefully we can get them soon, direct from Microsoft hopefully.

My 920 is getting windows 10 mobile updates through the fast ring.

I've Been Around

That is terrible. I also may move away from Rogers for this reason. All of us use windows phone and we don't want to switch to something else. Specially for the elderly in our family who have learned the OS and don't like to re-learn something else. They find windows very user friendly and simple. I think at least ONE option should be availble to customers. This is a terrible decision, Rogers is NOT a  money-bleeding discount brand and expecting at least one phone from each of the ecosystems is not out of line by any means. Please bring this matter to your buyer team!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hope you are correct. Have been using Windows Phone since the start (Samsung Focus then Lumia 1020) and would love to keep using it. Don't really want to change carriers either.

Topic Stats