Rogers not carrying Windows 10 Devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers not carrying Windows 10 Devices

@grapemanca The others are just like Rogers. None of them will support Windows 10 Mobile devices (read the full article, which has been updated):

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/07/rogers-on-the-lumia-950xl-we-dont-have-any-plans-to-carry-it-at-th...

Might as well just stick with whatever carrier offers you the best deal (although they're all pretty much the same; Canada has the highest data plan charges in the world).

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@grapemanca

unfortunately @O_M_R is correct. No Canadian carriers are going to offer the new Lumia devices. However Bell didn't comment and Telus hasn't released any statements yet (as far as I know) I'll wait for official word from these carriers before i consider something else. Doesn't look promising however. I know how you feel though, I left Telus for the Lumia 920 and have been disapointed with the company's attitude towards windows devices ever since. Love the OS, but I cannot afford to buy a new Lumia unlocked.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'll probably buy the 950XL from Microsoft directly after I finish with my 920 plan, but given my annoyance with Rogers over the last 3 years I'll go to any company BUT Rogers for the data. Like you said, the plans are about the same, so leaving Rogers probably won't cost me anything. And it will give me some satisfaction. ;-)

I Plan to Stick Around

not working a deal is a poor move by any phone company in canada, like come on, windows is on a rise, and despite being last they make a good phone. the right marketing would go well. look at the cw over the last few years, they have had windows on their shows. plus the universal apps will GO a long way. the band will also help. do not dismiss windows, they are not out of the game yet. I will save for the phone. means 1 month i save 500 per pay, and work extra. if it gets offered by another carrier, i will say bye bye bye, if not, you know i expect a cheaper phone bill. on a side note, if our phone is paid off and no other fees for it are needed on teh bill why do we pay the same cost on our bill. should we not get a phone unit discount if it is paid off?

I'm Here A Lot

I have been with Rogers for 10 years or more. But once the 950 comes out I will be one no more. It is sad that a company you put so much money into won't support their customers and the Phones they want. I guess they don't understand that there are more phones then just Iphones and Samsung.

I really hope telus or bell gets it I have heard lots of buzz and know lots of others that are going to jump ship to the 950 and to other carriers because of the same reasons I have.

I never post on forums but I feel strong enough about this phone that I will stand up for and help change Rogers mind about carrying it.

Please reconsider think about your customer base. Stop acting like a faceless organization and start thinking about customer retention.

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually this is good news for me.

Since Rogers won't subsidize a phone for me ( they want me to first make a change to my nice data plan for something that gives me less while charging me more money ), buying a phone directly from Microsoft keeps the Rogers crapware off my phone and ensure timely updates.

I Plan to Stick Around

Before you dump Rogers, are you sure the others are better? I have family with TELUS and Koodo and they frequently have unpleasant surprises in their bills. Errors or unexpected fees. I have never experienced that with Rogers and my plan is a better deal too. On the other hand, reception is poor and when we're outside of the city, I rely on their TELUS or Koodo phones because Rogers doesn't do rural areas very well.
I'm Here A Lot

My brothers both have Bell and my work uses Telus. Rogers doesn't work at all where I work. My brothers seem to have no problem with Bell that I have heard.

Plan wise for me I get the same plan same money at all 3 that's it does not bother me to switch.

People always say if you don't like what a company is doing vote with your wallet. I don't want to continue giving them money if they won't support the phones that I have and the next phone they come out with.

This phone is Microsoft's real chance of making windows phone super mainstream like the others and Rogers is shutting them out. It just goes against what I feel if freedom of choice for the device I want to use, fair and equal business why should apple and Samsung get special treatment just because they sell the most.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arkanis

I agree with @Glen_B... Everyone is blaming Rogers but isn't seeing the whole picture or the picture at all. How come they aren't blaming the other carriers that haven't released the windows phones or the flagship ones at least. Every carrier has its issues and I have had issues with all of them to know this. Another user on here said he will leave Rogers to go to another carrier if Rogers doesn't carry the new Windows 10 devices. So what happens if that user leaves and goes to that carrier to find out that carrier won't have it either or never carry those devices. Then they are stuck. Read reviews, look around before judging and leaving for another company. Look on their Facebook pages to see the truth.
I'm Here A Lot

Not that this means anything coming from the person I talked to. I was at a Telus store the other day talking about the Windows 10 phones I told him about Rogers not carrying them he told me that as far as he knows so far they will carry it just not many probably be a special order. They already carry windows phones.