Rogers apparent issues with BlackBerrry service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers apparent issues with BlackBerrry service

Why doesn't Rogers advise their clients when a service is interupted!

I have to receive notification from my client that:

"We are currently experiencing outages with our Blackberry devices.  The problem is with Rogers and they are working on the issue. We will advise you once the service is back up."

their devices are experiencing outages.

At these prices I expect better.

Serious Fail!  Bell here I come.

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers apparent issues with BlackBerrry service

Hello Triq

Which Blackberry device do you have and is this on a normal account or business account aka BES? My sisters Z30 works fine and i tried my old 9900 bold on BIS ( Blackberry Internet Services) and works just fine without any issues.
I'm Here A Lot

Z10 normal account. At these prices it shouldn't matter.

Phone service was down. No calls coming in or going out last Friday. Got a text from a business partner that he wasn't getting through.

Point is rogers will send emails and text messages for new apps or new services but can't even bother to advise clients of difficulties.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Triq

Hmm no one else it seems had this issue and no website reported a Outage with the Rogers Blackberry phones.

I do agree tho with your post. They need to provide a better way of telling customers their device are having outages if they are.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Triq - why are you so sure that reliability of Bell's voice wireless is better than Roger's?
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers Wireless customers are experiencing telephony outages, impacting all government departments and the general public in the National Capital Region.

End users and the general public located in Ottawa and the surrounding area are unable to place outgoing calls to other carriers and receive incoming calls when on 2G or 3G. Paging services are also impacted.

Rogers to Rogers wireless voice calls are connecting successfully. 

Please note that email (Data), Pin to Pin, and BlackBerry Messenger services are unaffected.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Triq

Weird as no one reported this. Mind you its in a small area that could be way No one reported it as well.

Either way, if Rogers was at fault let's say, there would have been a message somewhere and on Facebook or Twitter in which i never saw.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

That was a federal agency email. Problem was recorded at 10:24 am and lasted until at least 5:30 PM.

Imagine, public servants more efficient.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Triq

Federal agency emails are more faster and more frequent then regular emails for problems like this.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation