Rogers Carrier billing unavailable...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Carrier billing unavailable...

...at least for me! I have always bought apps from BB World through carrier billing without problems. The last few days - after the password and verification, I get a red message that says it is unavailable and to choose from the 2 options below - Paypal or Credit Card. Is anyone else experiencing this, or should I be calling Rogers, BB or what? Thanks for any info.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Carrier billing unavailable...

Hello jvictor77

It worked for me just now!. Have tried rebooting the phone? Taking out the battery & putting it back in? If this still does not work, have you tried doing a factory reset on the device?

Also which Blackberry are you using?
I Plan to Stick Around

I had just done a battery pull before I read your reply! Still the same. I have a Z10 and have been using carrier billing since I got it in Feb. The message in red says: "The selected payment method is currently unavailable. Please select an alternate payment method or try again later." I have also gone to my account details and payment option setting on BB World on my PC. Everything looks normal there.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm trying to purchase an app through App World and my Passport is telling me thatcarrier billing isn't anabled. I called CS and the operator says there is nothing blocking my account. She transfers me to tech support and the techie says Rogers doesn't support carrier billing, even though the Blackberry website states it does.

Can anyone fill me in on what the real deal is?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello krown

Carrier billing is enabled on every Rogers customer. You need to enable it ur self via the settings in Blackberry World.
I'm Here A Lot

I have enabled it on my App World through my phone already. There is no option on the App World website for me to enable it there.

Retired Moderator RogersAntonio
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone!

From the phone's menu, launch App World. Choose an application and click Purchase.

Look over and accept the BlackBerry terms and conditions. Choose one of the following preferred payment option: Billing through Carrier, PayPal, Credit Card. Click Buy Now to buy.

Note: If you’re not able to purchase apps in BlackBerry App World using the Billing through Carrier option, contact BlackBerry Support for assistance at http://ca.blackberry.com/support/apps/blackberry-world.html

Hope this helps.