Q10 Camera to Facebook Share Fails on Image Upload Failure

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Q10 Camera to Facebook Share Fails on Image Upload Failure

Both Q10 & Facebook on current release versions for 2 units in household.

I cannot SHARE to Facebook from either the CAMERA or PICTURE apps for images stored on DEVICE or SDCARD.  Upload failed message is issued as a NOTIFICATION.  I understand from the CRACKBERRY forum that there is at least 1 other Rogers user having the same problem.

Problem is new as the configuration worked before last Friday (5/30).

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Q10 Camera to Facebook Share Fails on Image Upload Failure

How often do you reboot your phone? I recommend rebooting your phone using either method described below at least once a month. Without regular rebooting, junk gathers and will hinder operations such as this. Press and hold your power button until 'BlackBerry' shows up on your screen, ignoring anything you see before that. You might have to hold it for 20 seconds or so. If reboots such as this don't work, you can also remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it a few seconds later.

If either or both rebooting methods don't work, reloading your OS would be the next step. Use BlackBerry Link to do that but make sure you do a data backup first.

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Q10 Camera to Facebook Share Fails on Image Upload Failure

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried the suggestion (both the warm & cold restarts) with no change.

Can you detail the message flow for this process? What steps would involve Rogers? I'm surprised if Rogers would. Have dedicated Facebook functionality or servers.