Problems Checking Rogers mail on Telus Mobility Torch 9800

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Problems Checking Rogers mail on Telus Mobility Torch 9800

I am new to using a Blackberry Torch that I was given and have not had a cell phone with voicemail on it before. I have voicemail on my plan and  I have my message set up on my moblie phone and I see that I have messages; however I do not know how to retrieve them on the mobile phone.  I read where it says that I just need to hold down the "1" key to access voice mail; however when I do that I get a recording that says I need to dial the area code and cannot go any further.  Is there an app that I need to down load so that this works? or is there an access number I need to program on the phone?  I am not very savy when it comes to technology.

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Problems Checking Rogers mail on Telus Mobility Torch 9800

Hello goodman6

You will need to contact Rogers via Rogers Live Chat or phone Rogers & have them give you the phone number for your voicemail. They most likely will be able to do it via their computer or give it to you.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Problems Checking Rogers mail on Telus Mobility Torch 9800

The voicemail access number my phone uses is +16472789951. Try entering that number in the appropriate location and see if it works.

I don't have a Torch in front of me to tell you where to enter that number but I believe if you open your Phone app and press your menu button and select Settings, you might find it there. If not, start at your main Settings icon and see if there's anything for Phone or Voicemail settings.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy