I'm curious on the Rogers thinking on the 2 year contact pricing on the BlackBerry Priv.
The Priv is listed as month to month at $799 (which I think is reasonable). However the 2 year contract price is listed at $399 which contains a $400 subsidy.
My understanding is that the Priv is considered a premium smart phone. So the premium tab on your smartphone plan now costs you an extra $20/month for 24 months if you take the subsidized rate. So this would be an extra $480 over two years.
To my knowledge all other comparable smart phones are starting out with at least a $500 subsidy (given the cost of the premium tab pricing this makes sense). However the Priv's subsidy will actually cost the consumer $80 extra over that 2-year period. It doesn't seem right. It gives the perception that the industry is out to punish BlackBerry.
Good day @Neromanceres,
I am glad to have the opportunity to help you with this situation
We brought your inquiry to the attention of the appropriate department and, at this time, the subsidy, in regards to that particular device, remains a business decision that I do not have more information on.
I can definitely understand how the cost of the device plays an important role in your decision to upgrade. Although you may pay a little more upfront for the device in the short term, I would be happy to review your current needs and price plan to see where we can offer you better value with Rogers.
For example, with a Share Everything plan, you can benefit from exclusive services at no extra cost:
You've most likely been a loyal customer with Rogers and we would not want to see you leave for a competitor.
Let`s look over your account together and see if there's any promotional offer we could make you benefit from.
I will be reaching out to you via Private Message from @CommunityHelps, keep an eye on your inbox!
Im a Blackberry guy. Unfortunately, all the BB phones I've had gave me poor signal around the area where I live. Now that BB is out with the Priv, I'd like to get my hands into one to see if I get a better signal with it, but the upgrade cost is a bit high, plus the additonal $20 you pay on top of it. My 3 sons are all with MTS, because one of them works at MTS. My son asssured me that he can get a good move over deal if we (me and my wife) leave Rogers. I have ambivalent feelings about moving being with Rogers for 13 years. So I am going look around for an aquiantance who might have the priv and invite him over to my house and see If it gets better signal than my Q10. If it does, then maybe I can start considering MTS, since we have MTS TV, Phone and Internet anyway.
Good afternoon @Azeley,
Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!
If you would like to review what could be done regarding a potential hardware upgrade get in touch with us via Private Message @CommunityHelps. Simply provide us with a break down of the offer you received from the other service provider.
We could review what potential promotions we could make you benefit from.
We do value your loyalty and appreciate your business.
The attached image is what MTS offers for the Priv. My son is looking at what he can get for employee pricing.
Thanks for providing us with that pricing from MTS for the Blackberry Priv.
We would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into your account.
I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.
I've been using a lot of Blackberrys in recent years. Specifically to your signal concers I found that Z30 has the strongest signal reception and Passport has the weakest. If you are mostly concerned with the signal - get Z30. on any other device on the Rogers network you can get instant signal boost by switching your network mode to 4G from LTE as Rogers LTE network became quite congested in the past year and signal strength is average, hopwever 4G network signal is very strong.
Thanks for the info. I will check if Wind is in Winnipeg. Gabrille promised to message me re hardware upgrade possibilities. I will wait a few more days. Otherwise, I will consider other options.