Nokia n8 unlocked?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Nokia n8 unlocked?

Hey,i want to buy the Nokia N8 from you but im from Israel(thats why im buying this for 449.99$ no term) so I can use the Nokia N8 with an Israeli phone company's sim?(Its unlocked or not?)please reply 🙂

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nokia n8 unlocked?

It is not unlocked.

Even though you purchased it without contract it still is under Rogers thus only Rogers simcards apply

You have to get it unlocked once you recieve it.

I'm Here A Lot

hi you can use codes to unlock your nokia n8 mobile you can get the codes from here they ask the following details before providing the codes they are mobile model
country and the provider to which the mobile is locked .you can get the instructions about how to use the codes in your
mobile from here they provide the step by step process about how to use the codes
once you entered the codes in your mobile as for the instructions given your mobile get unlocked and will be free to accept all
network sim.

**edited for content**

I Plan to Stick Around

Some retailers have the N8 for less than the Rogers website. If you don't need or don't want the Bluetooth headset that comes with the phone from Rogers' website you can save about $50 this way.

Also because the phone is branded as a Rogers phone you will only get firmware updates when Rogers approves them. There is another thread on this forum that will tell you how this has been going. In addition to unlocking it I would also suggest debranding the phone as it's pretty simple; then you can install firmware from any region & you'll get updates as they roll out for the area you selected.

It's a great phone, I highly recommend it.

I've Been Around

i like to buy a nokia n8 but i dont know how much it will cost me
I Plan to Stick Around

The info was useful. Thanks mate.

**edited for content**

I Plan to Stick Around

Which network carrier currently use?

Unlocked means you can use any GSM network carrier (including isreal company SIM)in your N8.But locked means you cannot use other GSM network carrier..So you need unlock code.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hai, Unlocking is the process of  releasing your network lock.  So only you can able to use all network in your mobile.