Nokia Lumia 930

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone in Canada on Rogers

Good News for Canada - for Windows Phone enthusiasts, you can get the "Flagship" Lumia 930

I received my Orange Lumia 930 from Omegacell last week! I am located in Ontario.

It was an unlocked phone, with Country Variant (CV) set to 000-TH which is Thailand.

I have a Rogers Nano SIM on a month to month plan, and the phone works fantastically. In rural areas I get 3G, but anywhere near a Rogers LTE Tower (2600Mhz) I get LTE speeds or else 4G in some places. Everything is working great.

In order to get the Lumia Denim Update - the one that includes "Hey Cortana"! NOT the one that just has the Beta or Alpha version of Cortana, I decided to flash the ROM on my phone to CV 000-GB which is the code for the United Kingdom, where Denim has already been released:

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

(Click on Europe to see the Denim Release information for the United Kingdom)

Lumia 930 Country variant Denim OS 8.10.14226.359 Firmware 02540.00019.14522.26006

People at this forum at Windows Central have already flashed the ROM on their Lumia 930 to the GB (Great Britain aka United Kingdom) ROM. Click on this link to read about their experiences:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/295043-flashed-my-french-930-uk-firmware.html

Get the Product Code that you want to flash on your phone here:

http://www.nokioteca.net/home/forum/index.php/topic/245095-product-codes-nokia-lumia-930-rm-1045/

I chose 059W006 and the Product Code for the Lumia 930 is RM-1045

Here is the Tutorial detailing how to flash the ROM (Firmware) on your Lumia

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2668005

I followed the instructions in this Tutorial to the letter. The only tricky bit was getting the phone into the correct mode to click on "Retry" in order to flash the ROM. It took some fiddling, but the best way to do this is to keep your phone connected by USB to your computer, power off your phone, and very quickly power it on by holding the down volume button and power button together, and as soon as you hear the short vibrate, click on the “Retry” button on your computer screen (you have to be very quick about this!!)

After that, I installed all the updates (well, I set the phone to automatically install all updates) and it took quite a while, but I finally have DENIM and I have enabled “Hey Cortana”!!!

DISCLAIMER: Follow these steps at your own risk! Flashing the ROM of your phone may negate any warranties that you have. Read the Disclaimer at the beginning of the Tutorial. Only undertake this operation if you are a Techie Junkie (like me!)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I to own a Lumia 930 purchased from Omega Cell,, Mine is a HK Country Variant so ne need to flash my device,,I happened to get my hands on the limited black gold device for the same price,,So far so great

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This is the spec from gsmarena.com fro Nokia Lumia 930,  new  Microsoft Lumia 940, Nokia Lumia 920

Lumia 930                                               MS Lumia 940                                      Lumia 920                    

LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) - RM-821
     LTE band 4(1700/2100), 17(700) - RM-820 (AT&T)  

If the spec is right, all phones have the same LTE bands. Since Lumia 920 works on Rogers other two Lumia 930 and MS Lumia 940 should work as well.