Nokia Lumia 930

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

Hi Iain S,

How often do you get LTE? Does it drop to 3g often?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It will depend of the cell network in your city and more importnant what are the LTE cell towers where you live and work since you pass most of your time near those antennas. Here's a website with some information

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i receive LTE for most of the Calgary area, it drops down to 3g when i leave the city or when im home in Woodbine.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cool Site - thanks!

So each tower covers all bands - (LTE, 3g etc)?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Simply awesome!!! Got my Lumia 930 today. So far I can say this is a HUGE upgrade from my Lumia 920. Data access from Rogers has always been spotty at my home (cell reception overall is pretty bad) but there are a few locations that get LTE near me. During tests at these specific locations, phone displays 4G and sometimes H+, not LTE. Running Speedtest is not a true test as it is "clean". But was getting 50MBPS+ reports while the phone was displaying 4G. Amazing. Can honestly say the surfing was just as if not faster than on the 920.

Display is beautiful, bright, crisp and clean.

Have not had a full battery cycle and have been hammering the device a great deal getting it setup, but looks like performance is good.

Wife has the 830, that is an excellent device, 930 is just that much better. Weight I think is the biggest in terms of physical use, 930 is heavier feels high quality it that is eh. The weight feels more comfortable to use. 830 is actually much longer than 930. Display is superior on 930.

Feels likes the device is faster and smoother but have not done side-by-side testing with either 830 or 920.

No Denim yet so need to research that a bit.

Received a few updates and the typical Dev Prev updates but nothing else. Have not researched any OS version numbering though.

Build quality is outstanding.

Was very concerned about data and I have 0 issue.

In fact Rogers confirms that LTE is on 2600 MHZ frequency which is supported. I know there is a great deal about frequencies and bands discussions and I by no means claim to know much but according to multiple Rogers techs & documents their LTE is only on 2600 MHZ. Yes I know this will get a lot of comments. But that is what MY research has led me to believe and in practice I get excellent data speeds.

Was in love with the 920. Typically I am the guy to upgrade immediately when a new device comes out. Have used my 920 since release day. Never felt a need to upgrade but it is now "old" and really felt like getting a new device. 930 for me is going to be an excellent upgrade.

Struggled to get the 830 but few tech specs I felt were not up to par, did not feel a huge leap from the 920 and do not like the USB port on the top.

So far after a few hours of use I am one very happy Lumia 930 owner.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Been using the Lumia 930 now for 4 days. Best phone I have ever used. Love this device. Gave my first impressions quick review in another topic post. This one is just my data experience.

Data speeds are FASTER than on my Lumia 920. Did a speed test in a very specific spot using the Lumia 920 and was surprised the results were so strong. 20+ MBPS downloads. Did the test a few times and then used Netflix. Works well and as I would expect of Rogers LTE service, what I pay for.

Today ran the exact same test in what I will call 98% of the same spot. Multiple try's received 65+ MBPS download speeds. Netflix reacted much faster. Blown away by these results. Device was displaying 4G.

Again in another area downloaded the complete album of the new U2 and was shocked to see how quickly the songs downloaded.

Device never displays LTE only 4G or H+.

In my area cell reception is typically very even voice calls. But near me I know some specific locations that receive excellent reception.

If you had doubts about the speed of data on Lumia 930 and Rogers, which was a major concern for me, fear not! At least in my experience I believe this was a major setup from my Lumia 920

Www.omegacell.com

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got my 930!

Seems to be working well - only one issue - says 4g not LTE.

I switched the apn to  ltemobile.apn

Is that right?

It was set to use default APNs (not manual setting) 

It is an unlocked phone.

Thanks,

V

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

4G and LTE are the same both are using the 2600 band on Rogers. Most lickely the 930 you have is from Hong Kong and it will read 4G when connected to an LTE network.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

hello

I just got my Lumia 930.., Im on FIDO in Montreal and yess...its an amazing phone!!

However, I do have one major problem..that i didnt use to have on my old 920.Its about the audio streaming ..especially on Tunein radio. I use this a lot during the daily commmute...it seems that no matter what i do the stream stops arround 40 seconds on the play..The tunein never recovers, unless i stop it and start it again. I tried with different channels same behaviour. I also forced the phone to only use 3G...same result.

Does this happen to you or anyone else? any sugestions for fixes?

thank you,
xtrip19

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have both a 930 and the 830, both are great phones. The only let down with the 930 is the lack of sd card slot. for most people the 830 would make an excellent device if your not willing to go with the 930.