Nokia Lumia 930

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

Hello,

I went to the US recently and actually saw an Lumia 1520 and 930.  The seller (At&T and Verizon) said they were poor sellers, but good phones.  Windows ecosystem is non existent in the US.  I did see a woman with a 1020 elsewhere though.

The Lumia 1520 is huge, but not terrible.  It will fit into pockets.  It is a gorgeous design.  I think you'd be hard pressed to take a selfie or use it one handed.  Browsing is pretty easy - huge real estate.   I would consider an RM-937 because my current N8 is getting a bit out of date...(well...a lot)

The Lumia 930 is stellar for size, look and feel.  I love the it!  Yes, there is no SD slot, but I can live with it.  It is over $1000 in the UK right now, and no US release date.  And we know it is never coming here.  My preference is to hold out for this one.....but not for $1000.

I use my phone most for instant messaging/txting, camera, browsing, gps in that order. I am active and worry about dropping phones - which I rarely do, but the 1520 is huge.

Opinons on wait for the 930 or go 1520?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I bought a icon from amazon & imported using myus.com. The icon has the correct bands but untill Verizon irons out their lte roaming agreement with Canadian carriers none of their lte devices will get the green light by industry canada to operate on lte. Though anyone on xda knows this cant stop them.

from what i herd lately ms mobile is preping a 1020 successor which more then likely we'll get along with at&t

the ativ s(a dual mode handset) that launched in canada even supports Verizon but doesnt mean Verizon will support it
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there an ETA yet on the 930? Can we pre-order? Thanks!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello aadoha

Canada will NOT be getting the Lumia 930. This has been said many times on this thread. Nokia will be bringing a new device similar to the 930 to Canada in the end of summer / begging of fall. Stay tuned!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, I didn't read the thread as I was just looking for a quickie answer. Appreciate it. guess I'll just upgrade to a 1020. Can no longer wait for a new device to come out as mine is ready to be recycled. Thanks again.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In case anyone is intrested, NokiaCanada posted the following reply to a question about the Lumia 930 coming to Canada...

Nokia Canada@nokiacanada 3h
Hi @trevspawn. No 930 announcements for Canada. Re Bell, stay tuned. 😉

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What the heck does Re Bell mean?

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ShinraCorp

Maybe its a mistake? Maybe it's a hint for Bell customers?. Rogers can't have it all lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Haha probably it would be nice to have multi-carriers picking up the next flagship.
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ShinraCorp

Haha that would be nice if Nokia and Microsoft would do it but we know they go to the carriers that offers more money and signs the contacts they want lol.