Nokia Lumia 930

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nokia Lumia 930

It was announced during the keynote of Build 2014 (a developer conference) by Stephen Elop. No word about a release in Canada since they only mentionned "Europe, Asia and Latin America" during the keynote.

More details here : http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/02/nokia-announces-the-lumia-930-630-and-635-running-windows-phone-8-...

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

Hello lianS

That is correct. Canada will not be getting the Lumia 930 unless somehow Nokia & North American carriers release it which i doubt it. North American carriers will get the higher end models like you said. Realistically they should offer it but i guess Nokia has problems with North Americans lol.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matthieugb

That is correct. They did announce the Lumia 930. I don't think it will come to Canada anytime soon too be honest with u guys.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

this is just a global variant on the Icon, it will not be released in North America any time soon, More. I would expect new high end devices maybe in September. The 635 will probably come to Canada but that is a low end device.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lianS

That is correct. Canada will not be getting the Lumia 930 unless somehow Nokia & North American carriers release it which i doubt it. North American carriers will get the higher end models like you said. Realistically they should offer it but i guess Nokia has problems with North Americans lol.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm actually really hoping that this phone is released in Canada.  I've owned a lumia 920 for two years and it has been a great phone, but this lumia 930 has a few features that I would really like to have.  Larger screen, thiner case and better camera while keeping all the other features I enjoy.  Not to mention that the timing would be just right for me to upgrade. 

You are probably right that September will have some new models for Canada but I've got a vacation planned for before then and I would really like to have a lumia 930 and its better camera.

May have to buy this somewhere else.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JimC

It won't be released it Canada. They didn't include it in the plan. The only to get this is via online from other sites that sell devices. That's the only way unfortunately
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's really unfortunate. I have a 920 and will be upgrading soon. The 930 seemed an obvious path, but if there isn't gonna be a decent high end WP device I guess I'll have to go back to Android.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello akaliel

It is:( unfortunately things like this do happen with many manufacturers including Android.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

it has already been stated that this phone will not be getting a NA release as it is the same phone as the Lumia Icon and already available in the USA on verizon.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just remember that this phone and the icon are not able to run the glance screen, one feature that is nice to have.