Nokia Lumia 930

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

yes you will get the LTE band 2600 in Calgary. I have a 930 from omegacell and works pretty good for the most part.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nokia access point does not work on the 930, it is built into the simcard settings now.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@IainS wrote:

Nokia access point does not work on the 930, it is built into the simcard settings now.

Good to know, does it work like the actual Access Point program....display list of carriers and/or do you just manually configure APN. Should have allowed you to configure MSM.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes you can use automatic setting or add manually from the sim settings. no extra app need now
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried every APN setting I could find, even contacted Rogers and tried what they suggested but still cannot get MMS to work on the 930. Has anyone managed to get it working?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I havent had to do anything with my settings on the 930, just left it as automatic and everything works as it should, maybe turn your back to automatic and not use manual settings. The Nokia APN settings are usually good to go out of the box for most networks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone have an opinion on whether to buy a 930 from OmegaCell or Expansys?

if you have bought one from either - what was your experience like?

There is a price difference $675 (OmegaCell) vs $709 (Expansys)

I think Omegacell only has black in stock.

Thanks,

V

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I think some people here have bought the Lumia 1520 from OmegaCell. The difference of price come maybe from the fact that at 675$ the device comes with a guranty of only 1 month. Choose one year and the price is 750$.

The "only" problem you are going to have is that the 930 is destined to the international market and so the LTE bands are not exactly the same as the one here in Noth America.

LTE bands of Roges: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks : 17, 4 , 7

LTE bands of the 930 : 1,3,7,8,20

As you can see there's only one in common. This is not a big deal but I wonder myself if there's any impact on the battery life.

Matthieu

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I purchased my 930 from Omegacell, completly happy with service and phone.

yes LTE does only work with Rogers on the 2600 band, very good speeds for the most part.

battery easily gets me thru the whole day and night.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I never even thought about battery life!