Nokia Lumia 930

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

Here's another Nokia response on Twitter

Jon Rohrich ‏@JonRohrich  · Jul 8 
@windowsphone @nokia why no 930 in Canada? You guys really need to give us some more love up here. No new good phones since 1020? Come on!

Nokia ‏@nokia  · 16h 
@JonRohrich The #Lumia930 will come your way soon, Jon!

I Plan to Stick Around

More news on an unlocked version of the Lumia 930 in Canada...

http://wmpoweruser.com/north-american-nokia-lumia-930-coming-to-canada-in-2-weeks/
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a verizon icon, it is unlocked for sim card use, but unfortuanly it does only get 3G in Canada on rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes the rm-937 1520 does receive LTE on Rogers, but you need to flash a rom that has lte enabled and it only gets lte on 2600
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes a variant of the 930 will be available soon unlocked and all the correct bands to work on Canadian networks, should be arriving around the 22nd july, I would imagine the price tag will be close to $800 though, so if you want the 930 please wait for this to come out.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Update to the above info, there is no NA variant coming, the supplier was misinformed, on the the international version rm-1045 will be available for the foreseeable future.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just got the Lumia 930 from OmegaCell and it is amazing. I was very nervous but now I have no regrets.  It gets LTE fine on Rogers. I am in the Vancouiver area. The only thing I have not managed to get working is MMS. Not a huge deal but would be nice to have it working.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

By the way, the version I got is Malaysian.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Omegacell contacted me and said, about the Lumia 930 RM 1045

"It works where coverage on LTE 2600 mHz is available. Expect reduced coverage but it will use LTE where that frequency is in use."

Phonearea says:
FDD LTE:
800 (band 20), 900 (band 8), 1800 (band 3), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7) MHz

Now...Does Calgary use teh 2600 Mhz range (and band 7).

Spend $800 for a 3g phone in 2014?

Help Gurus?

Thanks,

V

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

> MMS. Not a huge deal but would be nice to have it working.

You should be able to get it working with Nokia Access Point

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d