Nokia Lumia 930

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

if you buy the RM-938 model of the 1520 it will fully support the Rogers Network including the newly released 700 band.

The RM-937 will support Rogers on all bands, LTE only on the 2600 Band.

The RM-940 unlocked ATT will also support Rogers Network.

The RM-930  is a European model of the Icon and will only support rogers LTE on the 2600 band.

New Phones will be coming late summer for Canada, but is unknown what they are.

I would imagine a South American version of the RM-930 could get released at some point which would fully support Rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

does teh 1520  work with LTE in Canada?

I agree - there is a market for this phone - so why prevent people from getting it?  They will get every Android device out there, and worship anything Apple.  Do they reallyt think they will lose money by selling Windows phones.  Actually surprised they got the 1020.....

Thanks,

Mr. V

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers, when can we expect these? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jzuber

Rogers will not be bringing the Nokia Lumia 930 from what i have heard & seen. No Canadian carrier will either.

Please see this thread already made.

Nokia Lumia 930

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I understand how it makes business sense to go with "sure bets", but at the same time I can't help but be so annoyed with carriers and everything they get away with. Was the Canadian government not supposed to make things more appealing for us wireless customers? Was Verizon or another American carrier not planning on coming to Canada? More carriers could just make it more advantageous for us.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ayotte4

Yeah they planned on coming but backed off more many reasons due to it. The government can only do so much. They can't force a carrier to get all the devices because you want it. Do remember that a carrier has to a committee and board of directors and so forth. They all have to agree on what devices they carry and sell. If they don't want to carry a specific device or aren't allowed to by the manufacturer, nothing can be done.

It seems like Nokia, Microsoft and the Canadian carriers are lacking on bringing the high end phones here.

Do remember that they are supposed to announce new lumias for us soon. So hopefully some high enda.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry to say you guys are wasting your time.

I asked a Microsoft rep, in front of the Rogers rep at the last Nokia Developer event in Toronto if Microsoft was going to start selling unlocked phones in their stores because of the horrible job Rogers was doing. The rep said that Microsoft was happy with what Rogers and the other Canadian Carriers were doing... huh??!?!? I also told the Rogers Rep that Canadians aren't color blind and that when they bring Windows phones to Canada give us the same color choices as our Americian friends. He said research showed Rogers what colors Canadians want... huh!??!?!

Seems to me that Windows Phone is not only a second or third class citizen at Rogers but perhaps at Microsoft as well, at least when it comes to us Canadians.

I jumped on the Windows Phone bandwagon from day one when I walked into the Rogers store in Fairview mall and ask if they had the Samsung Focus in stock and was told "I've never heard of that" which prompted me to switch my wife's phone to Bell so I could get a Windows phone to test my day one app with. But man I've never been so close to jumping ship and switching to something like this new LG G3.

Microsoft and Canadian Carriers are making it hard to get excited about Windows Phone in Canada.

As a Windows Phone Developer this makes me sad. 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RWalrond

Agreed with you on that. It seems Microsoft & Canadian carriers are dropping the ball on this & letting it go. I am starting to give up on thinking Windows phones will sell again in Canada. They bring low end ones but not high end ones.

Could it be Microsoft is asking for to much? Could it be carriers are asking for to much?
Could it be there is a issues going on between them?

Who knows but its only making customers upset & not wanting to support windows anymore. I know many people that dropped their Windows devices for Android / Blackberry & IOS devices.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I understand everyones' pain of being treated like 2nd and 3rd class when it comes to WP hardware. I think we should do our part in becoming some sort of ambassador to WP, I work at a gas station and everytime I pop my 920 out they're like wow what kind of phone is that?! (Since they're all android users) they're like it's so big and it looks nice! Can I try it? And other things like that, I get the feeling that WP HAS POTENTIAL to succeed but they're doing such a horrible marketing job at it that no one has ever heard of a Windows Phone before. The sales team at all the carriers aren't helping since they don't know squat all about WP, they're a few ways for it to work out in Canada if we the proud owners of WP devices do: work at a carrier and promote it to customers, start some sort of social media buzz about how great WP is, become an independent reseller to start selling phones without any sort of supervision or any other strange things.

Let's be honest the WP8.1 update was a much needed jolt to the WP devices in order to compete against the others, it's the only update that I know that doesn't create a worst performance on any of the older devices (it works even better than 8.0 on my 920)

Developers of WP, keep developing, ambassadors to WP keep promoting and anyone who works in the telecom industry, keep sending us WP devices we'll gladly help 😉

Yes this was a pep talk haha 😛

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've never tried a windows handset before; could you guys describe a few aspects that you think make that OS to stand out... features which don't exist on Android and iphone?