Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Hello lundon44

I heard the same thing on Windowcentral and other sites + a buddy I know that works for Nokia Canada.
I've Been Around

Just talked to loyalty dept, they said 3-5 months

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello al786

LOL. Sorry but they have no clue when devices will come in. They said the iPhone 5S will come in October yet it came out in September. They also said the Note 3 would not come to Rogers. Yet it did. Never believe what reps say unless they can prove it or it gets leaked out or announced.
I Plan to Stick Around

Not that this means much but I was the Microsoft Store at Eaton Centre this past weekend chatting with the guys there. I inquired if there was any word at all about the 1520. As expected they didn't know if it was coming eventually or never. But the guy was certain that about a month and a half ago there was word that Rogers and Bell refused negotations for the 1520 as they weren't interested in it. While if true this is certainly old news and anything can change at any time. But the reps impression was that if it does come it could be sometime in Spring. Which as we know would be an obvious mistake as no one would care about this device anymore for one, and secondly new flagships would have likely already been announced by then. Nokia/Rogers should realise that after every week that passes the excitement only dies more and more without any word on a release. And they would only be guaranteeing low sales for themselves instead of capitalizing on the excitement.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lundon44

Funny as u say that as my buddy at work got told the same thing 6 weeks ago. It seems the carriers aren't interested in the device.
I Plan to Stick Around

What blows me away, is why can't we just go to Nokia's or Microsoft's online stores and buy these devices unlocked direct from manufactorer? Why is it that we NEED carrier approval, or NEED to get the device from the carrier?

I just don't get it...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello StephenWagner7

Could be that the carriers don't see enough sells of the windows phones and rather not spend the money on buying them. It could also be that Nokia is asking for alot and the carriers don't want to pay for it. No one knows why.

Why u ask? Because not all of us have money to buy the phone outright. Also remember, in order for a manufacturer to sell their devices at their store, it will either be Outright or tied to a carrier. .
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree. It's funny how they jumped all over the 1020 which is about as niche a phone can get yet the 1520 which actually has a larger following since there's clearly a market for phablet devices somehow does NOT interest them. Anyone understand that logic? 

I Plan to Stick Around

hence why apple has the most popular phone and why nokia is with the bottom feeders.  you can get an apple phone anywhere, anyplace, and anytime you want.

how can people buy your phone if you don't give them an opportunity to.  that's business 101. 

i'm pretty sure nokia 1020 sales are weak, that's why rogers have no interest in selling the 1520, but i'm pretty sure there are lot of people who didn't buy the nokia 1020 because they knew that the 1520 was coming.  I'm one of those people.  but that's what happens when the 1020 takes 3 months to come here.  people already hear about better phones.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Charles1977

The reason why they do it with all carriers is because all carriers want the iPhone and Apple pays for all the advertising and everything else. Also Apple has contracts with carriers for how many years and what devices and whatnot. Apple controls the launches, prices and everything else.

Yes that may be true but it also comes down to if and how many of those people waited. The 1020 is a amazing device but carriers nor Nokia / Microsoft isn't advertising it properly in Canada. Sad to say but its also Nokia and Microsoft, not just the carriers. They both make the decisions / sells and launches. I blame all of them.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats