Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

...I guess what I am really moaning about is that a company that sells itself as cutting edge should actually be cutting edge. Every once in a while its ok to take a step out of that comfortable box of white and black phones that all look the same and do something different... and sell people on why its better.

We both know ogers has more than enough money to do something cool a couple of times a year.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mplach

Oh believe me i know. It seems tho that all the carriers haven't really taken the windows phones seriously at all. Rogers claimed It was the first in Canada to bring them out yet nothing after that.
I'm Here A Lot

Yeah... for some reason I still feel like they give BBY preferential treatment.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mplach

They are but only a bit as BlackBerry is paying for it and do remember,  BlackBerry has a history with carriers and mostly they are for business.  BBY(BlackBerry) barely gets any advertisements from carriers as is believe it or not.. Carriers advertise more IOS and Android then anything. I can tell u 100+ stories in which i have went or others went to Rogers stores and asked for a BlackBerry or Windows phone yet the reps are telling us to get a iPhone as its better and all.

I'm Here A Lot

You're right BBY is paying for its own ads, my bad there. And I know what you mean about people selling android and iphone. When I was selling phones (not all that long ago) I still sold the customer what they wanted or needed and not what I prefered. I guess people have stopped doing that and are going the easy route now.

Oh well, I'll keep rooting for the underdog and hope Nokia ponies up some big bucks and advertises its wares now that its owned by MS... or maybe by a Jolla phone, lol.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mplach

Thing is i love Nokia and Windows phones. I bought most of the Lumia phone that came out. Sadly not many reps at the carrier stores want to sell Windows phones and i dont understand why.

Keep rooting for Windows!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone know how well this will work on Rogers? I saw an unlocked model up for sale for us Canadians. Looks to be in stock now. A bit pricey at $885.

http://www.expansys.ca/nokia-lumia-1520-unlocked-32gb-yellow-255929/

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lundon44

It is a bit pricy. I wouldn't spend that much plus shipping for just a phone but its everyone's choice.

Also yes the frequencies on that one will work on Rogers 3G / 4G and LTE.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thought so.. But will it hinder any LTE service due to the fact it's missing the 1900Mhz band? Or will the 2600Mhz band make up for that?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lundon44

As long as it has 2100 & 2600 you will be just fine!