Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

$975 after taxes... Eeek. 

Might have to seriously think about this one lol.. With my luck I'd bite the bullet and buy it only to find Rogers annouce it a few days later.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lundon44

That is why i said its a lot for a phone lol. 1 grand almost. Is it worth it? Most likely that is what will happen lol.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm..

Pros:

- Bulit in wireless charging

- 32GB storage

- not dependant on waiting for carrier for firmware updates

- first on the block to have it lol (not a legit "pro" I know lol)

Cons:

- Potentially $200 or more than it could cost from Rogers

- May or not be announced from Rogers, or may be announced but will take weeks to months to come

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lundon44

Hmm good to hear but it all depends if u want to put that cash for it lol.
I Plan to Stick Around

i had enough of waiting so i said screw it and bought the note 3 instead.  it was too tempting to pass up as they threw in a galaxy gear watch for $50 extra.  After using it for a day, i'm really impressed with it and i don't care about the lumia 1520 anymore.  nokia completely lost me as a customer.  i'll buy windows phone when the transaction with microsoft officially finishes.  i don't want anything to do with nokia. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Charles1977

Even when Microsoft takes them, it will still be branded under Nokia and the phones will be manufactured the same design. Its been already said. Just that Microsoft will own Nokia. Thats all.

I own the Note 3 and love it. I will get the Lumia 1520 when it does come out at some point.
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't see myself being so impatient that I just ship to another OS.. but impatient enough to buy unlocked and pay a premium quite possibly..

Personally, I've own a iPhone, an Android phone and Windows phones and I prefer the simplicity of my 920. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lundon44

It all depends on each person. Some people can't wait anymore and rather give another OS a chance. I have seen many do this.

I always run back to BlackBerry as it gives me the tools and simplicity.
I Plan to Stick Around

really?

i heard the complete opposite.  that they are getting rid of the lumia branding and possibly calling it the surface phone.  so they will have a surface tablet and surface phone.  the only thing about nokia i'd keep is the camera technology.

at least when microsoft takes over, we won't have to wait 3 months for a chance to get the new phones. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I've also heard (and seen leaks) that the future Nokia models under Microsoft will be still made by Nokia and unbranded. So that means no "Nokia" branding anywhere. Instead they will have a "Lumia" branding on the phone.

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET