Nokia 1020 and Ford MySync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Nokia 1020 and Ford MySync

I have a Nokia 1020 (since it came out) and just got a 2014 new Focus Zetec.

I dont understand why Sync doesnt work better with a Windows phone. Surely it should be able to do everything.

Its annoying and embarrassing to have a Windows phone (I do prefer it to my old Iphone 4s) but get a kick in the face when it doesnt do the cool stuff with other MS products. Mobile Office is on Iphone first, now this. Whose phone does it work with then, Iphone or Android?

Might migrate to an Android next then, they do seem to be getting better too. Google are in some cars too I believe.

If anyone knows how to make the Nokia 1020 (a brilliant phone otherwise, and camera of course) work with the Sync, please let us know. Is there an app? I couldnt find one.

I Plan to Stick Around

Now I own a Chevy Volt so I can't say for certainty but Windows Phone will read out loud all incoming text messages to you if you hook it up via Bluetooth, you can even reply to these message with your voice. Ford Sync was developed way before Windows Phone was a thing (Windows Mobile 6 to be specific) I am not sure if it's an outdated software or an incompatibility issue. I sadly do not know anyone in my life who owns a Ford with Sync installed, so I cannot test it out.

You have to make sure though that in the settings menu on your phone go to Speech, then you will see one saying Read aloud incoming text messages, set it to Bluetooth only (or any options as long as Bluetooth is one of them) If you're having problems speaking directly via Bluetooth, after you stop your car (safety first after all) go back to the Settings, this time in the Bluetooth menu, go to Advanced and then checkmark the: Use an alternate Bluetooth audio connection for Speech

EDIT: Ok I figured out the problem: It is Ford Sync that's outdated, the Bluetooth profile Sync uses is AWRCP 1.3 while Windows Phone 8 and above uses AWRCP 1.4. Sadly both Microsoft and Ford are to be blamed for this miscommunication. There will probably never be an update for Sync to support 1.4. If you wish to initiate a call or whatever you must use your phone to do it, Sync will do the rest, so sadly you cannot start a call with Sync, I'm terrible sorry but it might be best if you don't get Ford Sync until this thing is fixed, or find a phone with Bluetooth profile AWRCP 1.3 in it.
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
I Plan to Stick Around

I own a 2012 Ford and have no problem with sync on any of my Windows Phone  8 or 8.1 ,,You need to set up a few things on your mobile device to communicate via Bluetooth,,Voice text works great as well as all the features built in to Sync,,Any problems i can help you set up your Nokia 1020 and Ford Sync in a heartbeat,,

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation