Nokia 1020 and Ford MySync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nokia 1020 and Ford MySync

My old HTC Windows 7 phone would let my 2013 Ford Focus voice text message and reply to text messages by voice while driving. Now that I've upgraded my phone to the Nokia 1020 windows 8, , it won't.  They go to a In Privacy display and I have to wait until I'm stopped and pull out my phone to read text messages.  It's annoying.  When is an update coming that will allow me to have text messages read to me and reply to them?

***edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Nokia 1020 and Ford MySync

Is any member of the Community able to assist @BMDOwner ?

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

You need to turn it off in DRIVE MODE in system settings,,Assuming you have GRD3 upgrade on your phone

I've Been Here Awhile

Complete newbie here.  I can't find the "Drive Mode" in settings.  (there is no Systems Settings)

Where do I get the GRD3 update?  The phone is telling me there are no updates to be done.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

You don't have GDR3, disregard what he said. It's not even out yet. I don't know why he even mentioned it...

As for the myford sync, sorry. I can't help.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just for your information GRD3 is available now,,Go to MS and sign up free as a developer,,Download thru your MS account and your good to go,,,Been running GDR3 for months now,,Next time do your research before posting a comment dude,,

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello michael-r4

That is not the carrier edition or proper one. That is a developers edition. So therefor Alex_perry is correct, its not out for the public yet.

When downloading a developers edition, you get told that the update may be unstable & have issues. This update is ONLY for developers & NOT for the public. Some people like you take risks & download & install the developers update.
I Plan to Stick Around

It should also be noted that the GDR3 update that is available to developers does NOT include Nokia's firmware updates (most notably the "Black" firmware update). 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dos101

That is correct. So really downloading and installed the developers edition is not worth it at all. Also the developers edition doesn't give u half of the stuff the regular update would.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a 2012 Ford Focus with Ford Sync paired to a Nokia Lumia 920. My phone will read me my text message using what's called Bluetooth Passthrough. Basically, my phone hijacks the stereo. I can reply by voice as well.

You need to enable "Read aloud incoming text messages" in settings > speech. Make sure its set to Bluetooth only.

You can initiate Bluetooth passthrough while your phone is paired with Sync by pressing and holding the Windows button on your phone.