No Call Blocking on HTC Windows 8x Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

No Call Blocking on HTC Windows 8x Phone

I just bought 2 prepaid HTC Phone from Future Shop last week. Unfortunately I don't see any Call Blocking on these phones even after I updated the phones (setting->phone update). I also bought a Nokia Lumia 520 which now has the blocking feature after the update. Could anyone plz tell me how I can get the blocking feature on my HTC phones. Really need this to stop the telemarketers from calling me day & night. Thanks!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: No Call Blocking on HTC Windows 8x Phone

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not sure if it's HTC that's causing the problem since blocking the number is simply just hold the phone number in the Telephone app until BLOCK NUMBER shows up. But just incase you have to go to Settings\Call+SMS Filter and make sure that it's on, if not then you can't block any numbers.

Hope it helps!
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
I've Been Around

Call and sms filter is only a nokia thing. it does not nor can it sucessfully be installed on an HTC 8X I have the 8X myself futher to that windows phone 8.1 does not enable call blocking either

I've Been Here Awhile

I emailed HTC support and they say it's up to the carrier discretion whether to include Call & SMS blocking feature...

"In this case, please keep in mind that the GDR3 update you receive from Rogers, the carrier you have in Canada, may have come with different features than other updates release by other carriers. Keep in mind that when an update is release, it is up to the carrier’s discretion of when the update is release and also the features it will include.

I can assure you your feedback will be passed along to the proper department. Keep in mind your thoughts are imperative for us to grow as a community. Remember our goal is always to provide you with top of the line devices as well as a spectacular HTC experience."

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've just updated HTC 8X to the latest dev preview 8.1 update 1 and still no Call and SMS blocking feature..

I Plan to Stick Around

HTC is dead wrong in what there telling you,,I have a Lumia and a Ativ both running Windows 8.1 DP Version,,I have call blocking on both devices from day one even when running Windows 8.0,,This option is part of the firmware installed by the OEM'S,, HTC chose not to add this feature to some of there handsets,,There fore you cannot block any numbers,,Rogers or any other carrier cannot do anything to help you out,,,Good luck getting any O/S or firmware  updates from HTC,,,

I've Been Here Awhile

thanks, just found out that even the new 'flagship' HTC One (M8) for Windows does not have call blocking!!!! unreal...