Need a cheap good pay as you go phone with camera

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Need a cheap good pay as you go phone with camera

I have a nokia basic flip phone with Rogers pay as you go, have a balance of about 75 bucks, I only by the 100 buck card a year and use probably 25 bucks of it.

I just want a phone similar that has a camera, I notice there is only one 2 listed on Rogers site one looks ok for 60 bucks , but the reviews on it are just horific no matter were you look...why does Rogers want to sell something with such poor reviews.

Is there a better phone with a camera for 60 bucks or less? My other question is it easy to set up, do I just put my existing  sim card into a new  phone to  carry on

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Need a cheap good pay as you go phone with camera

Good afternoon @flutiefanatic ,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

If you wish to purchase a new device, you will be able to keep your current phone number, with your plan and balance.

Indeed, all you will have to do is take the SIM card from the phone you currently have and put it in the new device. If your new phone takes a different size SIM card, it is not a problem. We will have the ability to activate a new one for you.

If you wish to buy a new phone and you do not like the ones you see for Pay-as-you-Go, you can definitely take into consideration all of the other ones you see online. To do so, click here. I am not sure that you will find something under sixty dollars. The price you will be paying will not be the subsidized price that you see on select 2-year plans because you have a prepaid account. However, if you want a great phone it is definitely worth it. I am hoping you will find the ideal device for you.

You can definitely browse the forums for feedback on various devices. 

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank You very much 🙂
I'm a Senior Advisor

I had Nokia 2610 (still do) and wanted one with a camera last year. I checked on line and saw Rogers had a Windows Phone for $100, but when I went to my Rogers store they didn't have those and said I also could not use my PayGo balance to buy a phone. However, they had a couple of other ones, a flipphone and an LG-E410B for $80 with a $20 time credit, so I got the LG-E410B. It's a very basic touchscreen phone with a 2 megapixel camera, but no front selfie lens. It also came with a hard rubber case. I would suggest going to your Rogers store to see what's available now.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Regular

Check out the Lumia 635 unlocked from the microsoft store, simple and very affordable. It's a smartphone, but you do not need Data -- in addition to camera, it has GPS, Here Drive ( fully offline turn by turn navigation), and even FM radio -- all for under $150 with free shipping and unlocked, meaning usable on any network.

You are very welcome @flutiefanatic !

I hope you found a device that suit your needs Smiley Wink

Thank you both @OLDYELLR & @b-ry for your input/feedback!

We are grateful for your contribution 

RogersMaude

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation