Name Display Option and Call Display Question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Name Display Option and Call Display Question

What is the difference exactly? With name display, do you get to see the numbers that called you or only the names of the people that called you?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

Re: Name Display Option and Call Display Question

Caller Display:

Displays calling party’s name and telephone number on the receiver’s handset while within the Rogers network.

Names stored in address book will take priority over Name Display.

If you do not have name display and you do not have the contacts saved in your phone address book. And your friend was to call you; you would only see the number you would not see a name associated to the number.

Name display:

Caller’s name will appear whether it is stored in the address book or not. Meaning if for example, if the pizzeria was to call your wireless number you will actually see the business name and phone number.

I hope this helps,

I've Been Here Awhile

I still don't exactly understand the main different between the two. Why is call display 8 dollar add on while name display is only 2 dollars

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

because name display complements call display. its not a standalone feature. you NEED call display before you can add the "name display" complementary add on.

it works just like your bell canada home phone works when the bank or pizzeria call you it says their business name too, makes sense?

I've Been Here Awhile

name display only works with fido, rogers and land lines thats why its cheaper.

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

@typhoon wrote:

name display only works with fido, rogers and land lines thats why its cheaper.

This is 100% incorrect. As stated above Name Display is an addon for Call Display and it is not limited to the Rogers/Fido.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am just copy and pasting what rogers.com says below :

Name Display is a new service that allows you to see the names of landline callers as well as Rogers Wireless and FIDO callers, even if the person is not in your address book! Rogers Wireless is the first wireless carrier in North America to provide this product!

decide yourself cause english is my second language.

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

According to Rogers.com Name Display is the described as the following:

Name Display1 is a service that allows you to see the name of incoming callers even if they are not in your address book!

http://www.rogers.com /web/content/add-ons/callingservices?tab2_content&submenu1

Also it states:

Name Display must include Call Display and a Name Display Compliant Device to take advantage of this service.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

its pretty obvious that Name display COMPLIMENTS caller ID display.

lots of us have prior telecommunication background and we know how networks work, when we say you cant have name display without caller id, we mean business. so yes its correct.

I've Been Here Awhile

hi, i used a GSM unlocked cell phone( samsung) from neweggs website, i had been use rogers plan for 3 years, its include $20 for 200 mins plan and call display for $8, now i check the my rogers website, there is a name display on list, i change my call display to name display, is that make me can see all rogers caller's name on my phone? i didnt take any  phones from rogers, i just want to make sure its worked.

And whats the name display mean about?  Show every rogers caller's name or number? rogers phone only? iphone not work?