Lumia Unlock code

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Lumia Unlock code

How is the procedure to request an unlock code via Rogers? I have a Lumia 635 prepaid (pay as you go), and I would like to unlock it. The websites I have tried to do so do not work. Thanks. 

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lumia Unlock code

Hello Tds

If you bought the device outright from Rogers. You can contact them and have them give u the unlocking code for $50 but this device MUST be locked to Rogers. If its locked to another carrier, Rogers will NOT unlock it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix,

I bought the cellphone from the Bestbuy website, and it is locked to Rogers (prepaid). I am going to do what you mention above. Thank you for the information. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Tds

Then you should be able to contact Rogers & have them give you the unlocking code for $50.

You are welcome!! Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Why would you pay Rogers $50 when you can get unlocking codes online,,,Search them and you can get one as cheap as $6.  Kijiji has people that will give  you a code as well

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Michael, 

I have tried three different well known websites for that segment. The common claim is that there is no code for the IMEI in their database (It is said to happen with certain percentage of new cellphones).  Therefore, unlocking it by Rogers may be the alternative.  I will be posting about my experience after contacting Rogers in the afternoon. Thank you for the suggestion. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Got mine unlocked in less then 20 mins.

Didn't cost no 50.00

Google is your Friend.

I've Been Around

i'am having a Lumia 710 baught it from rogers 
now i'am in another country and when i insert any GSM sim it needs unlock code 
how can i get it to work and how i can get the unlock code 

I Plan to Stick Around

Would anyone care so share a site that was productive in obtaining the code?

@Buddielee wrote:

Got mine unlocked in less then 20 mins.

Didn't cost no 50.00

Google is your Friend.

I Plan to Stick Around

yes there are much price freindly unlocking services online I always use to unlock my devices, I will not pay rogers $50 for something that should only cost $10.

cellunlocker.......