Lumia MMS APN settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Lumia MMS APN settings

Hello,

I recently purchased an unlocked Microsoft Lumia 950XL.  

I'm having trouble with two things that rogers telephone support hasn't really helped with.

1.  Being LTE not showing from the drop down menu.  The highest connection speed showing from menu is 4G.  But sometimes I notice an 'L' symbol at top of my phone beside my wireless symbol and battery.

2.  I'm still having problems with receiving and sending pictures messages.  I have rogers settings for both Internet APN and MMS. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

Thank you,

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Re: Lumia MMS APN settings

Hello @aleco79

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums !

Unfortunately Rogers does not support unlocked devices. Keep in mind that with an unlock device some features and settings may not work because they’re not configured to our network.

Please feel free to check out these two threads  Rogers APN.

Hope this helps

RogersSannecia

I Plan to Stick Around

@aleco79 wrote:

Hello,

I recently purchased an unlocked Microsoft Lumia 950XL.  

I'm having trouble with two things that rogers telephone support hasn't really helped with.

1.  Being LTE not showing from the drop down menu.  The highest connection speed showing from menu is 4G.  But sometimes I notice an 'L' symbol at top of my phone beside my wireless symbol and battery.

2.  I'm still having problems with receiving and sending pictures messages.  I have rogers settings for both Internet APN and MMS. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

Thank you,

Hi Aleco79,

The speed "4G" in the menu is considered LTE. When you see the "L" this means you are connected at LTE. If you drag down from the top (swipe down from the earpeace down), you'll notice it says the full LTE. Selecting "3G" in the drop down brings it down to HSDPA, HSPA+, etc...

As for MMS. Have you manually edited any settings? The device should automatically pull the settings. In my Lumia 950 XL, as well as many others who have the devices, the device should auto-configure.

If I go in to my device right now, it only has the auto-configured internet APN. No configuration is needed for the MMS APN.

wp_ss_20160128_0001.png

The device should work right off the bat and not require any configuration. Keep in mind Wi-Fi may be needed during initial device setup so it can pull the config (not sure if it gets the APN data from the SIM/Network, or via MS servers on the internet).

I Plan to Stick Around

And I forgot to add, my MMS DOES work! With what I mentioned above! Smiley Happy

One last thing to consider. Some older SIM cards may not support features, or there may be issues. I don't know much about the SIM standards, but I do know that in some rare cases, older SIM cards can cause issues with newer phones. I'd say as a last resort, pick up a new SIM card and update your account to use it.

But as mentioned above in my last post, all these settings auto-configure and work right off the bat. I'd also make sure that your device is fully up to date and you have no pending updates (I noticed there was an issue with APN auto-configuration on some Windows Insider builds for Windows 10 Mobile, but it shouldn't be affecting your 950 XL since it's running the production Windows 10 release)...