Lumia MMS APN settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia MMS APN settings

My unlocked lumia 1020 is amazing., and everything works like a dream, except for silly picture messages.
for internet settings? apn: internet.com and everything else blank works like a dream

however...for mms apn
The following settings do work, and I can recieve and send picture messages.......

but sometimes I notice my network / data drops and goes out of service for like 10-20 seconds and then comes back again

on the nokia support links it says to change from 4G to 3G. but when I go into mobile network settings I can only change it to rogers, I can't really select a network speed.

Here are the settings I'm using currently, but when I don't have these in, I don't think my reception/data drops at all?
yet I can't send or recieve pics..

APN: ltemobile.apn
Username:
Password:
WAP gateway (URL): mmsproxy.rogers.com
WAP gateway port: 80

MMSC (URL): http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size:

I have googled other mms settings and tried entering them in, and restarting phone, but these settings are the only ones that have actually allowed me to recieve and send texts. but I think it needs to be tweaked or something..

or maybe the random dropping of service is something completely different. but I doubt it.

It's just weird that I can't select my network speed.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Lumia MMS APN settings

Is any Community member able to assist Bratticus with their issue?

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

I can't help you for the MMS part but for the dropping I observed this behavior once when I got an unlocked 920 from Middle-East and the LTE bands were not the same as the one used by Rogers and so I had LTE and sometimes the signal will drop and come back to 3G/4G. Where did you buy your 1020?

I Plan to Stick Around

It's not the mms settings after playing around with it more...
I've tried doing the dial ##3282# field test thing and going to settings, and changing data connection from 4G to 3G and it doesn't change anything. But if I go to 2G it makes my data E and it never drops. I'm sure it will help when there are updates and the phone comes out? I bought it local. And it was locked to at&t, but not anymore lol. To be honest some days it only drops like once. Other days it does it a few times. That field test thing does work wonders. Just it's weird. If I restart my phone or go back into those field test settings it says automatic again.

I Plan to Stick Around

Google said 2G = edge 3G = 4G 4G =LTe
and I don't mess with anything else in those settings. But they said if you restart your phone it will go back to automatic. I have it on "3g" which is one lower. It seems to be goof. Cuz edge is terrible lol

I Plan to Stick Around

I fixed it! It runs Rogers lte like a dream now
just download the App "access point" and in settings go to it and load your provider settings and poof! Perfect!

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry man, I could have told you that from day one, but I haven't been on the site for a little while.

I've Been Around

I can't find the "Access Point" app.  Is it still available?  When I search for it in the store the Rogers "My Account" app is the first hit and nothing else seems relevant.

I've Been Around

I am having the same issue I have an unlocked at&t Lumia 1520 phone is awesome but I can't get the picture msg to work. I have to set to auto but mms or internet doesn't work. The settings for mms and internet are separate. And I don't know what to use to get picture msging. Please help

Highlighted
I've Been Around

You're right - you can't find it via app store - but if you search for it in the browser on your phone, you should get to this page and be able to install from there....

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/access-point/ce3895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d

Topic Stats