Lumia 950

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 950

@Mediaman Exactly, but "No Tab" is an option when you bring your own unlocked device to Rogers (by defintion, not purchased from Rogers).

Click on the "info" button next to "Device Payment Options" and an info window pops up:

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/share-everything

I'm a Reliable Contributor

How do I get to that link from Rogers.Com / Shop ?????

UPDATE -- Ahhh finally found it, middle of the page under  "View All Share Everything"

No wonder I never saw it.. Buried in a footnote , five levels deep.

Even with $20 off, adding a second line on the Share Everything 1 GB plan would cost $60/mo according to that link.  I will need to check my chat logs, but could have sworn I was quoted much less, closer to $40/mo.  This whole 950 thing is leaving quite a sour taste with me. LG G4 looking very good right now! Better still, maybe I will just wait a few more months for the 950 to go on a fire sale,  given it is doomed to fail in Canada.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mediaman It's certainly annoying, but I'm willing to pay a (slight) premium to get the device I want, and that's the 950.

@Mediaman

yeah I went through the 5 stages of grief myself this afternoon. Im a huge windows fanboy and as much as i hate to think or admit have been looking at Android options to replace my Lumia 920. Given my financial situatin I don't have much choice. can't spend a mortgage payment on a bloody cell phone!  What I might also do though is look into a Lumia 930 or 1520. Still awesome specs and with new Lumias being released might be able to find something cheaper. 

I too will not spend a mortgage payment on a phone. So no 950 for me. It's really too bad, wouldn't be so expensive if Rogers offered it like any other phone. I bet it would be a great seller. I guess Rogers expects the new Microsoft Store in New York will be empty? Moot point. 

The 930 is an interesting Plan B (See comparison below with the new entry level 550) but what is the cost, and where does one obtain one? I am coming from an HTC 8x. 

Ref: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Microsoft-Lumia-550,Nokia-Lumia-930/phones/9547,8571

It really is too bad, but can't do much if they aren't going to offer it. Really disappointed.

As much as I love windows I've been looking at Android options. eBay searches for a Lumia 930 was still in the $400-$500 range. A search on www.expansys.ca yielded no results as they have none in stock. You can also check Omegacell to see if they have any 930's. I can get a HTC ONE M9 for $150 on two year contract. That's more my price range. I'll get rid of all the google services and put all the Microsoft services on it. Can get all the ones I have on my current phone on Android. Outlook, OneDrive, one note, office mobile, etc.

Ya, that's a much better price range!  LG G4 is also in that range.

I might also be able to get a used Lumia 830 (edited).  Toying with that as well.

I looked at the LG 4 as well based on your comment from a previous post. Looks like a good device. Despite what tech sites say HTC make quality phones so will be checking those out tomorrow at a Rogers store. Wasn't going to rush into anything but I've waited long enough for a new windows flagship that isn't going to arrive.

Do you mean a Lumia 830 or 640? Either of those phones would be a upgrade to the HTC 8x and still get the windows 10 update.

Oops, my bad...you are right , meant to say 830 ...... http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Products/Nokia-Lumia-830