Lumia 950

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lumia 950

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Mediaman

If you look on the shared plan portion of the Rogers site you can choose under the price "Premium tab" "discount tab" and "no tab" the prices will change for that shared plan to accomodate that and also if you want local calling or long distance.

No a Rogers spokesman just came forward in my other post and verified that Rogers won't be carrying either device, and that we will have to purchase them from Microsoft directly.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mediaman the link still refers to the XL, but the title of the article has changed to:

"No Canadian carriers will sell the Microsoft Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL (Update)"

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to let you know we have posted an update regarding Window devices.

Please see this link.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/WindowsPhone/message-id/4530#M45... 

Regards, 

RogersAliciaG

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersAliciaG

Beat you to the punch!. Look above Smiley Tongue. Thank you though!
Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@Meowmix Smiley Wink

I saw that after I posted.

Regards, 

RogersAliciaG

OK, now that it has been clarified that Rogers wont be offering the 950 phones, the only option is to pay the high price at Microsoft directly. I therefore do not understand the posted statement that:

"Paying up front is obviously difficult for some people, but you can be secure in the knowledge that, over a couple of years, you will not pay any more than if you bought it with a subsidy."

Lets assume I would pay $895 for a phone ( which I asbolutely would NEVER do). How is this better than paying for a subsidized phone at say $300???? .  Is someone saying that if you bring your own Microsoft 950 phone into a Rogers plan, you will be offered a reduced monthly rate, ie the normal rate less $20/mo??? Yes, that  works out to $240/year, or $750 savings over 3 years -- but wehre is this stated in writing. I do not get this offer whenever I talk to Customer Service.

Is this all related to "Premium tab" "discount tab" and "no tab" ??? ... but I thought all that only applied to Rogers supplied phones.

Sorry, but I am very confused right now... Would really welcome some clarity.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mediaman Click on the "info" button for "Device Payment Options," and you'll see this:

Here are the 3 different ways that you can pay for your device:

• Premium Tab
    Pay the lowest price on your device today.
  • Smart Tab
    Pay more for your phone upfront and save $10/month on your plan.
  • No Tab
    Bring your own device or pay for it in full and save $20/month on your plan.

Thought that was  for when you purchase a phone from Rogers ... but the No Tab does say bring your own.... hmmm.

Can you please provide the direct link. I simply do not see the info you posted re $20/off on No Tab.

a) I went to Shop/Wireless. It talks about the Sharee Everything plans. But I do not see an "info" button for "Device Payment Options" , I do not see anything about the tabs.
Ref:: http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless#plans

b) I went to Shop/Wireless/Bring you own Device page - I do not see anythign about the Tabs
Ref: :http://www.rogers.com/web/link/build-your-plan?category=bring_your_own

I guess I am doing something wrong, but it sure is frustrating.
Topic Stats