Lumia 950

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Lumia 950

@O_M_R  They still have (older) Windows phones on thier site ...

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/os-windows-8

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mediaman I simply went to their wireless store, and clicked on Phones and Devices. In the left hand column, where you can choose a product by "OS", they list: a) Android; b) Blackberry; c) iOS; and d) Symbian. And that's it.

What sort of message does that send?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey @O_M_R

This is what i see on the Rogers page.

bsdgfsdb.png

Ya, I methoned the web page issues (essentailly ignoring Windows phones) to Rogers Customer Service a while back, but they dont really seem to care.

But Microsoft Canada should care , if they want to sell any Windows 10  phones in Canada.

I just e-chatted with them. I mentioend that the 950XL seems like a great phone but is doomed to fail in Canada as there are no Canadian carrier stepping forward to confirm they will offer cell service on a Windows 10 platform.

I urged them to post some sort of clarification, or convince Rogers to make some sort of statement (and pointed out Rogers does not seem to care either way, as they get plenty of revenue from Android and Apple phones).

I asked if they could pass my feedback up the line and the rep said he would.

Nothing will happen , but I felt better!

So far the 950 is listed on the Microsoft Canada  "Carriers" web page, but is not aligned to any carrier.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/list/categoryID.69821300?Icid=PhoneCat_EN_ModuleB_2_A...

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mediaman Hold up. Are you saying they have Windows Phones burried somewhere in their retail website, and the fact that they don't show up is just an "error."

That's nuts! I mean, I can select the "Symbian" option no problem (I still can't believe I'm writing this).

This approach to Windows 10 Mobile is some serious Keystone Cops theatre, and it looks like Microsoft is the one that's dropping the ball. They have some real innovatove stuff with Windows 10 Mobile. Shame they're not making a real effort to sell it (and not just in Canada; they've only signed up Bell for the 950 ... and ONLY the 950; i.e., no 950XL!).

None of this is making me feel better. In fact, I'm pretty depressed, as I'll have to trade in my 920 for some flavour of Android device now.

I'm Here A Lot

I've been on the Windows Ecosystem since Windows Mobile and have had a Samsung Focus, Lumia 920, Lumia 830. The 950 is the most exciting Windows phone that I've seen in a while. I've been with Rogers for 15 years but if they don't carry it but another carrier does, then I'm switching.

I Plan to Stick Around

@geokots I'd switch in a heartbeat as well. Problem is, I have very serious doubts about there being somewhere to switch to. Will wait and watch anxiously for the next few weeks, but things look rather dire at the moment.

I Plan to Stick Around

If another carrier has it, I'll be switching for sure.

If other carriers are offering WIndows 10, I am sure Rogers would as well. Money is money. I really think that "no plans at this time" really means "no info to share at this time", as opposed to "no plans to ever offer Windows 10". When I asked a few weeks back about the older Windows 8 phones, they told me it would get updated to Windows 10, post-purchase.
So any speculation is just noise. The fog will soon clear.

Granted, they could have avoided all the fog by simply saying "Windows 10 phones coming shortly" ... or... "Pre-order here" ... or " Yes will will be supporting Windows 10 phones when they become available" . etc etc etc.    So, it should all clear up eventually.

Could someone post a link to the Rogers Facebook page that contains the "no plans" post? Just curious to read it. Tx

I've Been Around

+1 for switching to the company that will carry products that I want. Once a company can't serve my needs, it's time for change.