Lumia 950

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Lumia 950

@grapemanca

I whole heartedly agree with you. The support for windows 8 when it was released was appalling and is still not the greatest. I went into a Rogers store in Ottawa last week and they had a Lumia 830 on display that was just the dummy phone. They couldn't even be bothered to put out a working demo. I haven't had any dealing with front line staff in a long time, but the last time I went in asking about the Lumia 930 I got the most inane response that I ended up making a complaint. Despite all this I hope that Microsoft if not Rogers steps up the advertising for all the products released yesterday. If people see an incredible mobile device on TV maybe they will start investigating where they get it. Rogers only had one Commercial for the Lumia 920 and I'm pretty sure it was on TV a month after the phone was released.

My 920 needs to be replaced as well. I must say though its the most reliable, stable and hardy phone I've ever had. I keep laughing at my fiance when her Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps shutting off without warning. This beast is going strong at almost 3 years of age. I think I may keep it after I get my 950 just to see how long it lasts!

That is the great thing about Microsoft. If you can't get it from the carrier, at least the Canadian Microsoft store will have it unlocked!  

I Plan to Stick Around

Has it been confirmed that Rogers will actually sell the Lumia 950/950XL (i.e., subsidized, on contract)? I have seen no press release or news items confirming this, and certainly nothing directly from Rogers.

Need to replace my 920. Badly. Got it when it was first released (December 2012), and it is feeling its age.

Anyone?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @O_M_R

At this point Rogers has not confirmed that they will carry it but they will soon. MS has said that carriers in Canada will get it back do not know which ones yet. Stay tuned & the news will come out!
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

You sound confident, but there was no 930 and no 1520. I really want the 950. Fingers crossed!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @O_M_R

I am pretty sure Rogers will get it as i really doubt they will pass on this with all the feedback they have been getting. I also have seen a memo from my work showing Rogers is one of the carriers to get it but no date or pricing yet.
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix I hope you are right. My 1020 is still very good, but the Technical Preview of Windows 10 was not working well on it. 

otherwise, like has said before, I can buy it at the Microsoft Store. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I hope you're right. Rogers got an amazing amount of (justifiable) criticism when they refused to bring in the 1520. I was willing to trade in my 920 with a penalty just to get it.

Rogers' response? Whatever...

In any case, I do hope we see Rogers finally stepping up and offering the 950s on a subsidized plan, and with proper promotion. Otherwise I'll have to see if the Microsoft store in Metrotown offers a payment plan for their unlocked versions. (Not sure I can swing $850 all at once.)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Xanman

I would recommend just getting it from the Microsoft store anyway. Easier & better!
I'm a Reliable Contributor

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950-XL--Unlocked/productID.326606... ($849)
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950--Unlocked/productID.326606300 ($749)

I Plan to Stick Around

@Mediaman I agree. How is paying $500 more at the Microsoft Store better than buying it subsidized from Rogers? They certainly won't give me any break on my plan with an off contract phone.