cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950

Xanman
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, 

when is the Microsoft Lumia 950 availible for preorder at Rogers? 

I am very interested in this phone. 

***Edited Labels***

221 REPLIES 221

Re: Lumia 950

O_M_R
I Plan to Stick Around

@brandonjbarnard Not "official" but people with sources at the major telcos say it isn't happening. I have no reason to doubt their sources, and equally no reason to think that things will change dramatically for Windows phone in the next two months:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/07/rogers-on-the-lumia-950xl-we-dont-have-any-plans-to-carry-it-at-th...

If Rogers offers a discount on my plan for an unlocked phone (I've read that they do) then I'm happy buying direct from Microsoft.

brandonjbarnard
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@O_M_R

yeah I just found that article on Mobile Syrup as well and started another topic.

Rogers will give you $20 off your plan if you bring your own device.

O_M_R
I Plan to Stick Around

@brandonjbarnard I had no idea you got a break on a Roger plan if you buy onlocked until I read it today.

Given that there is a ~$20/month savings on my plan, I'd be delighted to pay Microsoft directly.

Rogers device selection seem abysmal anyway. The only other phone I was considering was a Moto X Play. Turns out that's only on Telus (subsidized, that is).

brandonjbarnard

@O_M_R

yeah if your phone is old enough it can be reduced to a smart tab so $10 off, and my Lumia 920 in December will technically be a no tab device since my 3 year contract will be over so I'll get $20 off total for my wireless.

I don't have the $$$ to buy a phone unlocked so was hoping to get it through Rogers.

Only reason I switched to Rogers from Telus was for the Lumia 920

Mediaman

@brandonjbarnard  - is there a source for "Rogers will give you $20 off your plan if you bring your own device."? I jsut spoke with cusomter service a few weeks back about brining in a phone to my plan and ther was no mention of this. Are you referring to the adding a second phone? I think the nomral rate is $60/mo for the first phone and something like $40/month for the second - is that the $20 off you are referring to???

@brandonjbarnard, @O_M_R  - I noticed the end of mobile syrup article concluded that yup, there were no Rogers plans for the 950XL, but that "There could be hope for the Lumia 950." Perhaps there is still a glimmer of hope for a subsidized 950 ??