Lumia 950

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Lumia 950

Hi, 

when is the Microsoft Lumia 950 availible for preorder at Rogers? 

I am very interested in this phone. 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Lumia 950

Hello!

According to an article I just read on mobilesyrup.com the phone won't be available until December Source - http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/06/microsoft-announces-lumia-950-and-lumia-950-xl/

If the Lumia 950 is going to be $750 CAD anyone have any idea how much it will cost up front on a 2 year plan from Rogers?

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey Guys,

I was gonna tag you on this topic but seems like you already here.

To answer your question @brandonjbarnard
Usually the subsidy on 2yr term on premium tab is 490.01 (in some cases like iPhone its 570.01 - 590.01)
but that is to be determined by Rogers based on demand, stock and how well the phone is already marketed. but the standard is 490.01
Example: 750 - 490.01 = 259.99 on a 2yr term (most likely) - This isn't absolute, this is based on trend.
But it could be cheaper.

Just an FYI - Subsidizing device is almost always cheaper than buying the phone full price. (if you do the math)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Xanman

Sadly there is no way of finding out when Rogers will put it up on the Reservation system. Microsoft did announce it will be released in Canada in December so its up to them & the carriers when it will come out. You can always check back on here or the site to find out more info when the time comes closer!

" Update: The Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL will officially launch in November. Microsoft has confirmed to us that it will be available in Canada in December at $749 and $849, respectively.|
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@ShakTiburon

Thanks for those numbers. Its not absolute but at least it gives me an approximite cost. Would be nice to see more advertising from both Microsoft and Rogers on these products.

I've Been Around

I hope Rogers can get more detailed info soon and start taking pre-orders.  I plan on ordering two 950's.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm looking forward to the Lumia 950 XL. I've had my Lumia 920 for three years and it's in need of replacing very soon.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trifus

Most likely mid November / End of November the pre orders will start as they usually open the reservation system 1-2 weeks before release. The info for pricing & such should come out sometime soon. Stay tuned!

I Plan to Stick Around

I hope Rogers is willing to do more for the Windows platform than it has in the past. It's front line staff knows almost nothing about Microsoft's phones, and Rogers does almost no promotion of the phones and the platform on its website. I bought my 920 via Rogers not because of Rogers, but because I couldn't get the 920 fast enough from any other carrier.

In any case, my 920 needs to be replaced, and I'll buy my 950XL straight from Microsoft if I have to. Looks like a great phone and I love its integration into the MS ecosystem.

I Plan to Stick Around

As a 1020 owner whose contract is up in December I've been eagerly awaiting these new phones. I am interested to hear how the camera is.

Just a guy.
Coming on PPV!
Spence vs. Garcia Live
LIVE: Saturday March 16, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV customers can order as of March 13
DTV Customers can order as of March 14
Spence vs. Garcia Promo

IBF welterweight world Champion Errol Spence Jr. (24-0, 21 KOs) will defend his belt against four-division world champion and current WBC lightweight titlist Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs), who will move up two weight divisions to go for a world title in a fifth division in a meeting between two of boxing’s elite pound-for-pound best in the world.

Topic Stats