Lumia 950

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 950

Lumia 950 now available for preorder at B&H Photo.

$629 US

I Plan to Stick Around

Isn't that higher than what Apple charges for its Iphone? That works out to roughly $750 CDN, plus shipping and customs. Rather steep for unproven technology.
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually that is the price for the 950XL.

An iphone that actually competes is closer to a $1,000.

The 950 has 32gb not 16gb, expandable storage space, better camera specs. Overall, a fairly competitive price.

Also, MS have been dropping the price in Europe, so our price might end up a little better than this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Boardwalk May the pricing "over lords" work their magic here in Canada:-)

I Plan to Stick Around

So, will Rogers carry 950 and 950XL eventually?

My slow 620 is in need of upgrade. I have reward points to use for upgrade. 

It's sad that Rogers will not carry these phones.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@quickpick

I wouldn't get my hopes up, and would make other arrangements in regards to how you upgrade your Lumia 620.

If you want to get a new device using your reward points I highly recommend the Nexus 6P. Despite being a windows phone fan-boy I'm really impressed and enjoying my Android 6.0 experience. Plus the Nexus 6P is a great piece of hardware. I've got Outlook and One Drive downloaded on  my new device. Keep in mind as well that the Nexus 6P has the stock version of Android on it, and it has been running amazingly well for me.

If you don't want to go Android,  you will have to buy your next windows phone outright. Unless the Lumia 830 is available through Rogers still. As of right now there are no Canadian carriers offering the Lumia 950 or 950 XL. I don't think that will be changing either. So if you have an extra $850 +  to spend congrats! The device will probably be available to Canadian markets in December.

there are website like www.expansys.ca that sell unlocked windows phones as well.  You could even buy a unlocked Lumia 640 off that site or directly from the Canadian Microsoft store. It would defintiely be a solid upgrade to your 620, and it will be upgraded to Windows 10 when the time comes.

Good luck in your upgrading endeavours!

B

Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

Your are welcome!
Rogers Employee

Windows phones are very affordable right now. Check them out Smiley Happy
Rogers Employee

"thumbs Up"
I'm Here A Lot

The best plan I could find is with Telus. It is through work but not part of a corporate plan. Bring my own phone will be $35 less than what I'm paying now. Mentally I'll convince myself that it'll be the subsidy amount ;-)

My plan is to by the L950 from MS store, buy out what I owe on the L830 (most of it using my Rogers points) and move to Telus. I'll do it just before my Dec. billing cycle.

Telus is no better than Rogers but once a company (or companies) stops supporting what I want then there's no need for loyalty.