cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950

Xanman
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, 

when is the Microsoft Lumia 950 availible for preorder at Rogers? 

I am very interested in this phone. 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lumia 950

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
221 REPLIES 221

brandonjbarnard
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello!

According to an article I just read on mobilesyrup.com the phone won't be available until December Source - http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/10/06/microsoft-announces-lumia-950-and-lumia-950-xl/

If the Lumia 950 is going to be $750 CAD anyone have any idea how much it will cost up front on a 2 year plan from Rogers?

Hey Guys,

I was gonna tag you on this topic but seems like you already here.

To answer your question @brandonjbarnard
Usually the subsidy on 2yr term on premium tab is 490.01 (in some cases like iPhone its 570.01 - 590.01)
but that is to be determined by Rogers based on demand, stock and how well the phone is already marketed. but the standard is 490.01
Example: 750 - 490.01 = 259.99 on a 2yr term (most likely) - This isn't absolute, this is based on trend.
But it could be cheaper.

Just an FYI - Subsidizing device is almost always cheaper than buying the phone full price. (if you do the math)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Xanman

Sadly there is no way of finding out when Rogers will put it up on the Reservation system. Microsoft did announce it will be released in Canada in December so its up to them & the carriers when it will come out. You can always check back on here or the site to find out more info when the time comes closer!

" Update: The Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL will officially launch in November. Microsoft has confirmed to us that it will be available in Canada in December at $749 and $849, respectively.|

brandonjbarnard

@ShakTiburon

Thanks for those numbers. Its not absolute but at least it gives me an approximite cost. Would be nice to see more advertising from both Microsoft and Rogers on these products.

I hope Rogers can get more detailed info soon and start taking pre-orders.  I plan on ordering two 950's.

Corman
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm looking forward to the Lumia 950 XL. I've had my Lumia 920 for three years and it's in need of replacing very soon.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trifus

Most likely mid November / End of November the pre orders will start as they usually open the reservation system 1-2 weeks before release. The info for pricing & such should come out sometime soon. Stay tuned!

grapemanca
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope Rogers is willing to do more for the Windows platform than it has in the past. It's front line staff knows almost nothing about Microsoft's phones, and Rogers does almost no promotion of the phones and the platform on its website. I bought my 920 via Rogers not because of Rogers, but because I couldn't get the 920 fast enough from any other carrier.

In any case, my 920 needs to be replaced, and I'll buy my 950XL straight from Microsoft if I have to. Looks like a great phone and I love its integration into the MS ecosystem.

Rockford
I Plan to Stick Around

As a 1020 owner whose contract is up in December I've been eagerly awaiting these new phones. I am interested to hear how the camera is.

Just a guy.

brandonjbarnard

@grapemanca

I whole heartedly agree with you. The support for windows 8 when it was released was appalling and is still not the greatest. I went into a Rogers store in Ottawa last week and they had a Lumia 830 on display that was just the dummy phone. They couldn't even be bothered to put out a working demo. I haven't had any dealing with front line staff in a long time, but the last time I went in asking about the Lumia 930 I got the most inane response that I ended up making a complaint. Despite all this I hope that Microsoft if not Rogers steps up the advertising for all the products released yesterday. If people see an incredible mobile device on TV maybe they will start investigating where they get it. Rogers only had one Commercial for the Lumia 920 and I'm pretty sure it was on TV a month after the phone was released.

My 920 needs to be replaced as well. I must say though its the most reliable, stable and hardy phone I've ever had. I keep laughing at my fiance when her Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps shutting off without warning. This beast is going strong at almost 3 years of age. I think I may keep it after I get my 950 just to see how long it lasts!

That is the great thing about Microsoft. If you can't get it from the carrier, at least the Canadian Microsoft store will have it unlocked!  

O_M_R
I Plan to Stick Around

Has it been confirmed that Rogers will actually sell the Lumia 950/950XL (i.e., subsidized, on contract)? I have seen no press release or news items confirming this, and certainly nothing directly from Rogers.

Need to replace my 920. Badly. Got it when it was first released (December 2012), and it is feeling its age.

Anyone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @O_M_R

At this point Rogers has not confirmed that they will carry it but they will soon. MS has said that carriers in Canada will get it back do not know which ones yet. Stay tuned & the news will come out!

O_M_R
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

You sound confident, but there was no 930 and no 1520. I really want the 950. Fingers crossed!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @O_M_R

I am pretty sure Rogers will get it as i really doubt they will pass on this with all the feedback they have been getting. I also have seen a memo from my work showing Rogers is one of the carriers to get it but no date or pricing yet.

Xanman
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix I hope you are right. My 1020 is still very good, but the Technical Preview of Windows 10 was not working well on it. 

otherwise, like has said before, I can buy it at the Microsoft Store. 

grapemanca
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope you're right. Rogers got an amazing amount of (justifiable) criticism when they refused to bring in the 1520. I was willing to trade in my 920 with a penalty just to get it.

Rogers' response? Whatever...

In any case, I do hope we see Rogers finally stepping up and offering the 950s on a subsidized plan, and with proper promotion. Otherwise I'll have to see if the Microsoft store in Metrotown offers a payment plan for their unlocked versions. (Not sure I can swing $850 all at once.)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Xanman

I would recommend just getting it from the Microsoft store anyway. Easier & better!

Mediaman

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950-XL--Unlocked/productID.326606... ($849)
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950--Unlocked/productID.326606300 ($749)

O_M_R
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mediaman I agree. How is paying $500 more at the Microsoft Store better than buying it subsidized from Rogers? They certainly won't give me any break on my plan with an off contract phone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @O_M_R@Mediaman

For one you can just go into their own brand store & get excellent service with reps that know about the brand & devices ;). Another one you can just walk in & get it where the stores from Rogers may not have stock. You can also get the device at the Microsoft store on a 2 yr plan with Rogers as what i know unless they tell customers to go to Rogers. Rogers Reservation system is different then the Pre orders Microsoft takes & many more. Also if you want to get discounts & such from your Flextab or plan you need to call Rogers as their stores can not do it.