Lumia 929 Icon?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia 929 Icon?

Hello,

Is the Lumia 929 coming to Rogers?

From what I read, Rogers did not believe the 1520 would sell to well here.  So here is a phone with the same specs (for the most part) but a smaller screen size.

Will it work on Rogers networks?  (from GSM Arena)

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
CDMA 800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO 4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 13 / 1700 / 2100 SIM Nano-SIM
Announced 2014, February
Status Available. Released 2014, February

Thanks,

Mr. V

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lumia 929 Icon?

Hello vivekvp

There is no word out on any Canadian carrier getting the 929. So until Rogers or another Canadian carrier says something, sadly we just have to wait & play the waiting game to see if they will bring it or announce it.
I Plan to Stick Around

The international version of the Lumia Icon(929) is said to be getting announced at BUILD 2014 along side Windows Phone 8.1, No word on Canadian Carriers getting it yet, but i would imagine they will carry some kind of WP8.1 device at some point. I myself will pickup a new WP8.1 device when i travel to europe this year, because im tired of waiting on canadian carriers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello IainS

The issue is that all  Canadian carriers failed to carry the Lumia 1520 so i do not think they will carry this one unless they see something in it that they will carry it. It seems that Windows phones in their eyes ( All carriers i am saying) are not selling as much as they hoped it would & they are not bringing other ones in OR waiting for the 8.1 Windows device to come so they can carry.

I hope they start selling new Windows device & start adversting them more like they should be.

I Plan to Stick Around

If enough people wanted them I'd hope Rogers would broker a deal. Then again, I want a debranded, unlocked phone. As long as it works on Rogers & Telus & other network...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vivekvp

Agreed 100% with you. I really do hope they bring more Windows 8 devices to us. The same could be said about the Lumia 1520 but we saw it never came here Sadly. Hopefully they will
I Plan to Stick Around

they didnt carry the 1520 because they thought it was too big of a device and would not sell well. The 929 is a wp8.1 device as well they will be showing other wp8.1 devices also at build. Release of these new devices will be end of april. Hopefully Rogers or Telus will be picking up some of the 8.1 devices.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello IainS

You do not know if that is the truth tho. Just because that person that works for Rogers said it, doesn't mean its true ( I know you said they had to do with devices sells & such but they all change their words. Believe me). Hopefully Rogers does get it but we won't know until sometime mid April if anything or after April as we don't get the same release date as the rest.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow...

Now thereis the 930 expected to be announced April 2nd.  A Lumia 1820 and a slew of others...

It's too bad the MS store in Canada won't sell these phones. 

I am going to email them - see what they say - stay tuned.

Mr. V

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vivekvp

They won't say much believe me. They will just say its up to the carriers & so on. Sony does the same. They only sell devices that the carriers do but unlocked & full price & on contract. No other ones.

It seems that the carriers may be waiting for the newer devices. Who knows at this point. Nokia, Rogers & Microsoft won't say a thing sadly.