LG A341 Pay as you go phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

LG A341 Pay as you go phone

I got my father an LG flip phone A341.  He is very UN-tech savvy.  I want to disable the data and text messaging in case he does something and turns on data or receives messages that he can't even retrieve.

Is there a way to do this?

I already found out how to disable voicemail which he cannot retrieve.  *93 [send] for disabling vm so unanswered calls continue to ring and *91 [send] for disabling vm so callers hear a busy signal.

Thanks for any help you can give.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: LG A341 Pay as you go phone

Good afternoon @sorry ,

Welcome to the Forums!

The LG A341 is not a smartphone, it would therefore not connect automatically for data transmissions. I would not want you to worry too much about that.

If you get in touch with us, we have the ability to block incoming/outgoing text messages (to prevent any charges) if they are not included in his plan.

For further information about the device, click on the following link for the owners manual :

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support-mobile/lg-A341

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you RogersMaude!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Do you know which number I should call?  When I called the pay as you go number, they said if I wanted to contact them, I had to mail them a letter... 😞

Hi @sorry 

To contact our Prepaid department, please dial 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative, please choose option 4(general information) then option 4 again(how to contact Rogers).  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak to someone (option 1).

If I am not mistaken, our Pay as you Go department does not have the ability to block text messages. The information provided above was pertinent to monthly plans, I sincerely apologize.

You can definitely ask all of your questions to one of our agents. I am confident they will be able to further assist you.

Regards,

RogersMaude

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 in conversation