Is there a cellular signal booster?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Is there a cellular signal booster?

Have you considered Rogers Wi-Fi Calling service and hardware? also known as UMA?  If not, then your being a cry baby because it will SOLVE your coverage issue, and all you need is a wi-fi router which you probaly do have, and a UMA compatible phone which you might need to buy, and a uma option on your account.  hope this helps.

I've Been Here Awhile

So..if I change to a wifi compatible phone and have a wifi router in my home...I should be able to call my MY5 numbers through the wifi connection no charge WITHOUT subscribing to Talkspot..? This is good information for me since I am looking at different phone options. Now I realize that wifi capability is important. Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I repeat, NOT WIFI COMPABLE Phone.  it must specifically state UMA COMPATIBLE, OR FIDO UNO / ROGERS TALK SPOT OR ROGERS WI-FI CALLING COMPATIBLE.

ITS WIFI, BUT IT ROUTES VOCIE TRAFFIC OVER THE WI-FI TO A SPECIAL NODE-B

I'm New Here

That's not very nice to call them a cry baby...I agree with them, I live 5 minutes from Downtown Winnipeg and I don't get reception at home, I don't think I should have to pay an additional $15-$20 to get service which I assumed I would be getting when I signed my 3 year contract. When I got home and told Rogers that I didnt get reception and wanted out of my contract, they said no...I'm stuck on a 3 year contract, paying aprox $100/month, and I can't even use my phone at home.

In my opinion, it was absolutely horrible that Rogers wouldn't let me out of my contract.

I'm Here A Lot

from what i know there is...

but you have to buy or setup a repeater of some sort in your house

I've Been Around

Unfortunately the carriers cannot do anything about bad signals in buildings.

You can get affordable signal boosters at www.signalpro.ca

For as low as 299$ you can get a booster that works with all carriers (Bell, Telus, Rogers) and it covers 1500 square feet.

If you want to cover a larger area there are other models.

We bought 3 commercial ones for our company and they work great. We went from no bars to full.

I hope this helps

Peter

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So if I go to a Rogers store can they provide a "plug in the wall" solution to a poor/no network signal I.e. antenna?
I've Been Around

Yes, it's a pretty easy problem to solve. You just need a repeater system to bring the downlink signal down into the building, basement, parking garage etc. and more importantly, to bring the cell phone's weak cell uplink back outside the building materials and throw it back at the cell tower. When you drop a call, it's common thought that you have lost the cell tower, but almost always it's the cell tower that has lost your weak cell phone. Think of it this way. The cell tower is a monster 60 Watts output power and your cell phone is a very weak 0.5 Watts output power, so naturally the cell tower would of course be much more likely to lose the cell phone and not the other way around. There is no comparison between the output power from the tower to the weak cell phone. So, a good repeater system will bring approx. 8-15 Watts of downlink signal into your building, but MORE importantly, it will bring approx. 8-15 Watts (amplified with the repeater) of uplink through the building material to your roof antenna, and throw it right at the Rogers tower in a condensed cone (unlike the cell phone) to prevent dropped calls and give a much faster rate of data.

It's just a matter of amplification of the proper frequencies.

Here's a link for high output repeater systems for Rogers:

http://www.magicwireless.ca/

I've Been Around

Signal boostr device is avialable for boosting the signals of your cell phone. This is th very advanc technlogy to boost up your cell phone signals.You canbuy cell phone signal booster from Cell phone booster store.

http://cellphoneboosterstore.com/
I've Been Here Awhile

Uniden Cellular makes some great signal Boosters. I use one for my cottage and it fixed any signal issues we had. Was also pretty easy to install.

I got mine here:

http://unidencellularbooster.ca/

I'm not sure if rogers have them but these guys work with all carriers