Incoming calls going straight to voice mail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Incoming calls going straight to voice mail

I upgraded my phone to a Samsung Corby Pro this past fall.  I've had an ongoing problem which is great worse and worse.  People trying to call me just get sent to voicemail.  My phone doesn't ring at all and then maybe 15-30 minutes later, I get the message that says " look who called" and tells me everyone that I've missed.  Today I was waiting for an important call, phone hadn't rang all afternoon so I got my mom to try my cell number.  Nothing, straight to voice mail.  I've missed 50%+ of my calls because of this.

Today I called customer service and talked to this really nice guy Anthony and we tried a couple things so he told me that it was more that likely my sim called was not working properly, to try it in my old Rogers device to check to make sure.  If it still happened then obviously it would be the sim card and to call back and explain that I had spoke with someone, etc... and my sim card issues would be repaired.

So I charged my old phone, tried it, and same thing, straight to voicemail.  So I called customer service again and spoke to this other guy and explained everything.  That I had spoke to Anthony,etc... He then starts doing everything all over again that Anthony had first tried to figure out the problem.  I told him about 3 times that we tried everything, including resetting the factory settings, that it was my sim card because I tried it in my other Rogers device and it still did it.  Finally his solution was that I purchase a new sim and then call technical support again.  Why should I pay for a new sim card when the one they sent isn't working properly.  He kept telling me to purchase a new card then call billing and they'll reinburse me.  I don not have a pay as you go phone.  I have a phone on a 3 year contract.

Anyone else experience problems with this?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Incoming calls going straight to voice mail

A sim card is 10.00.... If that's what the tech suggests, then definitely go and buy one.

If you're that concerned about the 10.00, call customer service before you buy it and see if they can do anything for you.

I've Been Around

I am on the Iphone 5 and myself and two othe people are all having the same issues. Rogers wont even acknowledge the problem.

I've Been Around

It's probably your SIM card. You should go buy another one. Definately not Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello smul001

It could be that the settings are not correct. Has this issue been resolved? Also check if it the sim card or not. Sometimes the sim cards are like this. I would contact Rogers tech support & let them know what is going on. I would also take the phone to the Apple store & see if they can help you.
I've Been Around

I had this exact same problem. My wife gave me her unlocked iPhone 5 after she had reset it to clean everything off. She had been using it with a Rogers plan for some time and had upgraded. I took it to a Rogers store and they installed a new Sim using my Rogers Pay-As-Go account info. The phone worked when I called out but incoming calls went straight to voice mail. I checked every available setting and could find nothing wrong. I  read about the Sim problem on this forum and so took ithe phone back and persuaded them to try another Sim, after that it worked properly.

The people in the store did not seem happy with me coming back and told me that they could not (or would not) access this support forum because "they were not tech support people". Hmmm.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation