I recently lost my older Nokia flip phone.I want a similar basic talk-only phone ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I recently lost my older Nokia flip phone.I want a similar basic talk-only phone ?

Lost my old Nokia flip phone.Only need talk so that People can call me and I can call out.Use less than 100 mins. a monthI want this to be the most economical way,whether monthly,prepaid, whatever.There are not many of these phones available so do I stay with a possible arrangement with Rogers or are there better deals around.Also since phone was lost can I still get same number?

***edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: I recently lost my older Nokia flip phone.I want a similar basic talk-only phone ?

Hi @TJP1942

If you lost your cellphone, you can head to the Rogers Store to get a new sim card($10+tax) and have it linked to your account. You could then take that sim card place it in a Rogers or Unlocked phone which would carry over your old number.

You can view our pre paid options here & post paid options here.

I will tag in our Resident Expert @OLDYELLR to chime in on this topic

Hope this helps

RogersAsif

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: I recently lost my older Nokia flip phone.I want a similar basic talk-only phone ?

@RogersAsif has pretty much given you the answer.

Your number is your number, as your account is still active, losing your phone is just the hardware. The account number has the phone number which is attached to the sim card. Since that sim card was lost, you can easily get that sim card replaced.

Whatever phone you get, as long as it works with rogers (Rogers phone or Unlocked Phone). You can put the new sim card in and you are good to go.

You can look at options to get the right plan for yourself with the usage you have described. However, if you have subsidy on your phone number for the old phone, I don't recommend switching to Prepaid because you will be charged the remainder.

Cheers.
I Plan to Stick Around

I went out today to a mall where there were several cell phone suppliers.Rogers could not supply the phone that I wanted.Since my Rogers cell phone is now missing along with the Sim Card and my phone number, if I go with another cell phone supplier will I be able to have my Same phone number transferred to the new phone from my original Rogers phone?

Rogers Employee

What phone is rogers not able to supply?

Curious to know, is a specific brand and make you are looking for?
I Plan to Stick Around

A plain and simple flip phone

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @TJP1942

There's a couple of simple flip phones I found on the Rogers.com site here. You always have the option of purchasing a phone privately as well but you just have to make sure it's either unlocked or works with Rogers. The reason why you may not see many options for basic flip phones is likely to do with demand. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Rogers Employee

@RogersHassam Not only with demand, but the manufactures don't make a lot of simple flip phones, as the cost of flip phone vs entry level smartphones are essentially the same. bringing back old design and re-manufacturing their parts will actually cost more than entry and mid-tier level smart phones,
I personally prefer cellphones over smart phones but hey, might as well gets apps if it cost the same thing.

@TJP1942 You might prefer CatB15 if you don't mind simple android, it essentially is a rugged phone that won't break easily. (unless smashed or driven over by a car).

If you are dead-set on Flip phones though, Canadian market wouldn't have what you are looking for. you might want to grab an unlocked phone via Amazon.ca or Ebay.ca - Keep in mind, they are their own respective merchants and don't need to comply with rogers policy. So purchase will be at your own discretion.

Flip phones are still sold by Samsung and LG. and Rogers does sell those, I'm sure they will meet your standard and basic needs.

Since all flip phones do exactly the same thing and run a variation of symbian OS phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for opinions,the only question that I have not definitely got an answer to is whether I am able to retain, and transfer the  telephone number from my lost Rogers cellphone to another cellphone.I only wanted a simple phone for talk, which appears to be harder to find these days.However I have come across a plan of unlimited talk and text in Canada for $25 a month,no contract and the phone will be $99 or I can supply my own.So, is there a problem getting my original cell number transferred to a new cell phone?

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation