I bought a Blackberry Z10 unlock phone from Amazon. It came in with 10 OS 10.2.1.2977 BUT I cannot

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I bought a Blackberry Z10 unlock phone from Amazon. It came in with 10 OS 10.2.1.2977 BUT I cannot

Dear sir, I bought a Blackberry Z10 unlock phone recently.  It came with OS 10.2.1.2977 but I cannot upgrade it to the latest OS 10.3.2. It always said you have the latest OS when I tried to upgrade.  Please help to solve the mystery!  Very Anxious  GK

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Re: I bought a Blackberry Z10 unlock phone from Amazon. It came in with 10 OS 10.2.1.2977 BUT I ca

Hello @gussympatico

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

Unfortunately Rogers does not support unlocked devices. Keep in mind that with an unlock device some features and settings may not work because they are not configured to our network.

Please feel free to check out this thread Rogers APN.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: I bought a Blackberry Z10 unlock phone from Amazon. It came in with 10 OS 10.2.1.2977 BUT I ca

But I am a Rogers Pay Go customer for several years now and am using the Rogers SIM card.  Does Rogers want to help its customer??? concern and puzzle!     GK

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey @gussympatico,

As @RogersSannecia stated. It isn't related to the network but the device itself.

Let's say if you didn't have Rogers. Let's say you had a UK service and same situation with Blackberry Unlocked. You would still run through the same problem.

If the device is unlocked, and it needs to get service update from it's original Carrier's network. You won't be able to upgrade through another carrier.

However, you can do updates from Manufacture's website (if they release it). Or Google would be your other option, but again. Roger's doesn't support a Grey-Market device for this very exact reason.

I've Been Here Awhile

NOT SATISFIED with the explaination or excuse.  First of all, the phone is not purchased from any carrier & unlocked but it is FACTORY UNLOCKED and that means it should be good for all carriers.  Besides, the Blackberry Z10 is a WORLD PHONE.

UNHAPPY ROGERS LONG-TERM CUSTOMER!!!   GK

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

I am sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied @gussympatico

But we here at the community are here to advise and help out as much as possible.

If it is factory unlocked, and I mean TRULY FACTORY UNLOCKED, (that means you bought it from Blackberry Directly or Authorized Dealer of BlackBerry... (Or RIM, if you still want to call them by their old name). Then you need to call BLACKBERRY to have it updated, as a Actual WORLD phone doesn't comply with Carriers settings anyway.

Sorry, but I can only assume the status of your phone and only speculate to the limited information you had provided. It's not like I know what you had @gussympatico before you asked the question 🙂

If it is FACTORY unlocked. I would have referred you straight to blackberry from the start. Because a world phone isn't supported by any carriers. It is considered a Grey-Market Device.

And yes you are right, it should be good for all carriers, in terms of network connetivity, NOT updates. These are two different things. You can't mix them up, or you will get mixed up answers.

I want to clarify that because your Rogers Service is the network, your World Phone is supporting it like it should.

That is it no ifs or buts about it because it works. (Which actually for Grey-Market phone isn't guaranteed also. Because that is how grey-market devices are.)

The Updates for all World Phones are directly from manufacture and there is no middle-man software for update to be pushed by carriers, because the phone is a WORLD phone. It has no software for such push.

If you aren't satisfied after a clear explaination of how the technology itself functions. I don't think anyone can give you a satisfactory answer. Does the world phone say it needs a push from the carrier, if yes, How so? Do you not have the Blacberry Desktop Software? It does the update for you, which is not carrier related or supported.

You can go HERE and get support for your device.

Hope this helps.