How can I add street address for my contacts?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

How can I add street address for my contacts?

I just purchased a Nokia Lumia 520 prepiad phone (August 6). But there is no field to add street address or fax number.

1) People tile

2) people all  (I tap +)

3) Create contact in

Hotmail

SIM

4) (I tap SIM) to save on my phone

5) + name

+ phone

+  email

+ ringtone

+  text tone

I can't find any prompt for 'other' to add other infos such as street address or fax.

Is ther something I can do to add these infos

Thanks

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: How can I add street address for my contacts?

Do not use the SIM to store your contacts since the fields available are limited.

By using the Hotmail entry (which is in fact your Microsoft account), you get access to all available fields.

Also, if you configured your phone to do so, everything gets synchronized on the cloud with your Microsoft account. If you ever have to reset your phone or change for another Windows Phone, everything gets synchronized automatically and you don't have to re-enter your contacts again. And, as an added bonus, your contacts are available on your Windows 8.x computer, whether it's your destop or tablet (Surface ideally!).

Hope this helps.

I've Been Here Awhile

I would like to know the difference between creating my new contacts in "SIM" vs in "Hotmail". Why creating contacts in "SIM" I have a more limited number of fields to enter my informations. What is the advantage and disadvantage of creating in one vs the other.

Thanks

Windows Cell Newbie

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, for the great help. one small question if I enter my contact in Hotmail (in the cloud). Do I have access to all the infos and all the field if I am somewhere with my phone and don't have access to wi-fi internet connection?

Thanks again 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes you will. The information is also stored locally on the phone.

If you add / modify a contact while offline, it will automatically synchronize the next time you're connected (through your data plan or WiFi).