HTC One M8 Windows Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC One M8 Windows Phone

Has anyone heard anything about this phone coming to Canada and if it will be carried by Rogers?  Now that the Nokia Maclaren is no longer being developed, the selection of Windows phones in Canada quite honestly sucks. 

My brother has an HTC One and loves it.  As I love the Windows phone OS I'm interested in seeing this phone. 

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC One M8 Windows Phone

Hello Element

The device hasn't been released let alone announced. We have only seen leaks of it ( very strong leaks). It most likely will come to Canada but depends on how HTC will do it. It may br exclusive to a carrier if their choice or might go to most carriers.

At this moment there isn't any word if i will come to Rogers or not. We just have to wait until they announce it and if and when Rogers will say something.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Element

Seeing as it was announced today, Rogers if they will carry it will or should announce it soon. Hopefully they will carry it.
I Plan to Stick Around

ATT have already announced they will carry this phone very soon. HTC have also announced that this phone will be coming to other carriers before the end of the year.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lainS

That is correct but HTC Canada never confirmed anything from what i have seen. HTC & HTC Canada are the same but HTC Canada announces if Canadian carriers will get it as well.

Hopefully Rogers or another Canadian carrier gets it!
I Plan to Stick Around

I would certainly consider upgrading to it.   That seems to be the only way to fix the persistent battery problems on Lumia phones.  A windows phone that lasts to the end of the day would be truly a good thing.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Glen_B

Do remember that everyone has a different usage. So you might not get that much battery life out of it. I do agree that if this does indeed give u full days battery, its worth it!
I Plan to Stick Around

I dont have any battery issues with any of my Lumia phones, 925,930,1020 and 1520 nor my Ativ S.

maybe you have a rogue app that is killing your battery. If you are running WP8.1 then check in the battery saver app to see what is killing your battery so fast.

Both my 930 and 1020 see regular heavy usage thruout the day and night.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lainS

As much as that is correct, i was researching and alot of people are having battery problems on their 920 and 1020. Now it could mean something is wrong or could be a lemon per say.

Hopefully this new M8 Windows version won't have that issue