HTC 8X (phone upgrade)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC 8X (phone upgrade)

Hey guys. I am currently on Rogers and I would like to stick with them. I have found them to be a great Service Provider and at a good price.

I am currently using a Sony Xperia X10. It's on Android OS 2.3 and it is on the fritz and is begging to be smashed. Crashes all the time and ect ect. I was looking at a few options for a new prepaid phone. I found an Acatel Idol X Mini G for $99 (was $58 earlier today but the price jumped)

And Also from London Drugs I found the HTC 8X for $99.

I am a huge fan of the Android platform, but I am open to other OS's aside from IOS (HATE APPLE WITH A PASSION).

Aside from those two phone, there are really no "better" ones out there at the moment unless I went to a used phone. I don't really wanna be on a contract. 

Just want to get a real life/experienced review on the HTC 8X from any of you who have it. $99 dollars is a pretty good price, but I am still shakey about the windows platform.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: HTC 8X (phone upgrade)

I've been using a HTC 8x for 1.5 year and I would say it is an "average" phone at best.  Here's why:

- I personally find the audio volume of calls to be "low" (when not using a headset)

- the phone gets incredibly hot when you actually use it a lot (like web browsing or, God forbid, playing games)

- the max time I can get the phone alive in pseudo-idle mode is about 8hrs (no talking) and that's after tweaking the settings a bit.

- the camera is blurry and the flash not super useful

I've tried a Nokia Lumia and it is night and day...  I would go for the 6xx or 9xx series if I was you

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC 8X (phone upgrade)

Well it's best to ask what do you like in Android, then we can do some comparison with windows phone and tell you if it's worth the jump or not.

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation