HTC 8X Windows Phone 8.1 update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC 8X Windows Phone 8.1 update

Hello,

Can anyone from Rogers confirm when we expect to receive Windows Phone 8.1 update for HTC 8X?

The Nokia Lumia line up from Rogers already received the WP 8.1 update. Also, will the update include recently announced Update 1?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC 8X Windows Phone 8.1 update

I know verizon in the US wont be releasing theirs till October sometime, so im sure Rogers will be around the same period.

I've Been Around

September 2014... Still waiting... Impatiently I might add.
I've Been Around

Forget  it. HTC 8X user will never get windowsphone 8.1 update. Firstly they told March then july and now October. But still there is no informations about it.

Best Phone is Apple and Google phones. You will get all the updates.

No windows Guys......

Please forward this to every HTC 8x users and make them understand that windows phone is not good for update. Now a days smartphone is useless if user does not get any updates.

Regards,

Straight Forward Person.

I've Been Around

well windows websites states there IS A 8.1 upgrade for this phone available and other PHONE COMPANIES have been updating.

SO Rogers????? what is the problem..you dont want to pay for it?

you charge us enough..

I Plan to Stick Around

I think Rogers is waiting for Windows 10.  Rogers just doesn't want to provide any product support to its users.  I have a 8x and an Optimus G.  Both are running on ancient firmware.  Avoid Rogers hardware at all cost.

I've Been Around

Been keeping a eye on the update list and seems that it never changes sooo Darrell whats up with the windows phone update for HTC 8x windows phone..........takes any longer i might as well purchase a new phone with the update on it and to be honest bell phones seem to be looking better and better since rogers takes its sweet time..............sooo is there a definetive date not a "COMING SOON" ???

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello raski

Rogers Darrel is a mod on here. He only posts update on that thread when the back end team office of head office gives him any updates. Until then he can't post anything and might not know what is going on. Hopefully he can come in and chime a bit.

I Plan to Stick Around

@vjkumran, actually even Android phones are restricted by the carriers.  Google Nexus phone maybe the only exception.  Microsoft should follow Apple and push the firmware update themselves.   Hopefully Rogers will give HTC 8x users the 8.1 update before Win10 is here.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I think its a combination of device manufacturers and carriers as each one has to modify the OS to their needs before releasing it. When I was looking into the HTC ONE M8 as a possible buy a lot of complaints by HTC users is that they didn't get as many updates.

According to some articles the Denim update should be out "soon"

I got tired of waiting for the Rogers updates windows phone 8.1 update 1.  so I installed the Dev preview. I now get updates from microsoft directly to my phone and will probably get windows 10 however doing that to your phone can and probably voids your warranty. My phone hasn't had a warranty for a year so I don't really care. An option but definitely research the possible risks before considering the Dev Preview.