Fixed Dialing and knowing PIN 2 ... supported or disallowed?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Fixed Dialing and knowing PIN 2 ... supported or disallowed?

Does Rogers support this?  It asks for PIN 2, which I don't know.  I tried 0000 or 1234 and that didn't work.  Rogers technical support was reluctant to reveal the code for some reason, so I don't know if it is intentionally locked down, or not supported (technically).  The feature supposedly allows outgoing calls to certain numbers I enter (say, if I loan the phone to my kid for the day).  I just wanted to test it as it could be useful in certain situations.  Screenshots below ...

fixed_dialing_numbers.png

pin2.png

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Fixed Dialing and knowing PIN 2 ... supported or disallowed?

Hello, @DominicB

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I love trying most of the features/options available on my phone, the Fixed Dialing Numbers feature looks interesting and the name suggests it’s enabled on the device not requiring any settings on the carrier side.

We can definitely look into fetching the PIN 2 for you, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Fixed Dialing and knowing PIN 2 ... supported or disallowed?

Done.  We'll see if they have an answer.