Fed up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Fed up

I have a Lumina 710 (I believe), which I've had for a little over 2 years now. I have just downgraded my contract to a data-free plan, talk and text I believe, and kept my old phone in order to qualify for this plan. HOWEVER, Rogers absolutely does not get "data free plan" - I got a bill of $133.00 that was supposed to be $40, despite the fact that for the whole month of november, they have been prompting me that I do not have a network connection when I am not on a WifI network, and as a result, rely upon my wifi connections available at school and work.

I spoke with a supervisor who was very accomodating and reversed these charges. I just checked my bill balance which is coming up next week, and it is again, is 77 dollars - 30 dollars over what it should be, although I am under my on my day time minutes. This is absolutely illegal!  Rogers is taking from me without consent, and acting beyond the contractual agreement I consented to.  I have been with them for over five years, and the robbery has exponentially escalated in the last year.  Data free means no data charges! I'd rather throw my phone into the river than pay for services I do not get.

***Edited Labels.***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fed up

@mandyjeanmasse ,

The key thing to remember when using a Smartphone, is that it will always want to connect to the Internet. Unless a data block is on the account (which may not be applicable for some plans), pay per use data charges will apply when using a Smartphone on a plan that is not designed for Smartphone use.

If you need further assistance in choosing an appropriate plan for your device please reach out to use on Twitter via @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

If he has a talk and text plan no Data block is needed,,This is a accounting error on Rogers end,,,You are giving false information,,This has nothing to do with what kind of mobile device the customer carries,,,

Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately that is not the case.  A SIM card can be activated with a Talk & Text plan shown here and that SIM can be placed in any device compatible with that SIM type.

If that device happens to be a Smartphone and connects to the network, data usage at a pay per use rate will be charged as the plan does not prevent the device from functioning on a Voice, SMS or Data level.

This is why all Talk and Text plans shown in the link above clearly state 'For Basic Phones', as basic phones do not have data functionality.

For a more detailed explanation of how our Talk/Text & Internet or Talk & Text plans work and which device best suits your needs please feel free to reach out to us on Twitter @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers

Thanks,

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

You need to get your facts straight bro,,, Of course a sims card can be moved from device to device providing they are all the same carrier or the devices are unlocked,,If the customer has no Data on their plan it really doesn't matter,,,The carrier has to throw the switch from there end in order to allow Data to flow from their network to the end user,,Again this is an accounting issue and nothing to do with what type of device is being used by the customer,,,Call Rogers if your not sure,,,My Kids have talk and text only and never have overages because i don't have Data on their plans,,Not sure where you are getting your info from but it's dead wrong,