E-Mail reception problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

E-Mail reception problem

I have been having trouble since last Friday wih my e-mails coming to the blackberry. They are received by the blackberry any time between 1 minute and as long as 35 minutes from the time they are recieved by my ISP mailbox. Prior to the weekend, I almost always got my mail within a minute or two of the mailbox receiving it.

I have done some testing and found that mail sent to a Google email account or to an @rogers.blackberry.net account are received by the Blackberry within a minute or so, but the ones going to my Sympatico or an Outlook.com account are the affected ones.

Then I found this information on the Rogers BIS web page:

• Real time push email delivery of Rogers Yahoo!, Yahoo! Mail, and Google gmail
  • Automatically checks for e-mail with your Internet Service Provider (ISP)* or Web email services such as, AOL, MSN, and Hotmail, every 2 – 15* minutes and delivers new messages to your BlackBerry Handheld

So they say right there that email to other ISP services are not in real time. But some of my times far exceed this 15 minutes. And as I said earlier, this wasn't happening before.

Is anybody else experiencing slow delivery from "non-Rogers" related ISP's? Why did they include Google for preferential treatment of real-time delivery of email?

Thanks

Allan

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: E-Mail reception problem

This appears to be an issue with others who are not on the Rogers network, as well.

I'm looking into this and hopefully I can find out what's going on.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks that would be awesome.

When I talked with support earlier in the week and on the weekend, they reset my service books and had me put back my e-mail addresses. I now know that is not the answer as my e-mail responsiveness is anywhere from 1 minute to 64 minutes! Yet the @rogers.blackberry.net e-mails seem to be near instantaneous.

Any help would be most welcome so that I can go back to Rogers. Or it just gets fixed by them.

It appears this issue is BlackBerry's and not any of the carriers.

I've spoken to some advisors in other forums and they're getting similar complaints from users on other networks. For the time being, these advisors are suggesting a "wait and see if it corrects itself" solution.

Let's give it a day or two to see if it irons itself out. If not, I'll contact my rep at BlackBerry and get firsthand information for you.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

I really have no choice but to wait and see. However, this has been going on for almost a week now. You would think Blackberry would have had it solved by now. After all, it was fine before. Having worked in IT, my first question was always "what changed?". That will usually help you pinpoint where the problem could reside.

Thanks, please keep me informed if you find out anything new. I will let you know as well if I see improvements.

My eyes and ears are open!

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

This has been going on for about a week and basically renders my BB9900 /Rogers useless for work purposes. It apparently can no longer reliably connect to my Sympatico email---it had worked fine for the past 3+years (even longer on an older BB).

It seems Microsoft may also be gumming up the works (sympatico/bellmail are essentially hotmail accounts these days)--see KB35412+KB24360---however as Rogers is the service provider I think they had better quickly find a legible + functional solution.

Emails are not regularly received--come in batches if at all and sending out requires hitting re-send on a message anywhere from 3-10 times before it goes...

I Plan to Stick Around

YES! This is exactly my scenario. I am a Rogers wireless user, but have a Sympatico e-mail account as I have Sympatico high speed at home. And funnily enough, I also use a BB9900. According to the KB35412 this "means a change from near real-time email delivery to a polling delivery which will check for new email at regular intervals" How often are they polling? I have proof of 45 minutes on one of my e-mails today. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Is this just to force us to get away from BB 7.1 and move to BB10? I think I may just have to look at moving away from BB altogether, much as I love the keyboard!!!!! But since I'm not eligible for a hardware upgrade yet, and there's no way I'm giving Rogers an early penalty payment for upgrading early, I may be stuck.

This absolutely sucks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think it was on another forum, but do remember reading about the polling for sympatico, hotmail etc.
from what I recall it said it should be 15 mins..

But from the sounds of it, seems to be longer Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

I  visited the Rogers store today about the fact my business e-mail @.rogers.com has stopped coming through on myy BB Bold!

They said many people are having this problem, but there is no solution!?

I think I will move to a Samsung Galaxy !

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation